Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Built in Equalizer for Android PLEASE?!?!!?

Solved!

Built in Equalizer for Android PLEASE?!?!!?

iOS Spotify just received an update with built in EQ, why has this not been implemented in Spotify for Android?

What is the ETA on this?  I am a paying user and would like to have the same option.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

FredJ...

I have the new LG G3, which is their flagship and arguably the best android available.  There is no audio effects option.  Please get an eq baked into spotify for android.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @icipher 

I think you can find a very similar idea here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/New-Equalizer-integration-Android/idi-p/796101

You can suport by giving kudos or commenting there.

Status change: Duplicate Idea.

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi. 

An equalizer is already in the android app. Enter the 'settings', scroll down and there should be an 'audio effects' item. That's the current equalizer. If you want this improved, please follow the link provided by @pnc .

Thank you for participating in the Spotify Ideas section of the community.

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
Marked as solution

FredJ...

I have the new LG G3, which is their flagship and arguably the best android available.  There is no audio effects option.  Please get an eq baked into spotify for android.

Hello!

I've moved your topic over here in the help section since, as mentioned, the Android Spotify app does have a built in equalizer.

The problem is that some manufacturers (such as LG) block this EQ for some of their smartphones. I own a LG G2 and the EQ is blocked for Spotify, too.

So this is sadly not something that Spotify can change right now as it's more the decision of the smartphone manufacturer. Any news about that will be posted here, though! Let's hope there's a way to get it back. 😉

This is part of this open bug (also applies to a lot of HTC devices):
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Audio-Effects-not-available-on-select-devices/td-p/2420...

I think there might be an issue with adding a built in EQ to Spotify. Have a read at the post below, it appears Spotify struggle to control when android EQ kicks in one different devices, so adding another EQ in the app itself may in fact make the issue worse.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Serious-problem-with-volume-ear-damage-alert/m-p/713901...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streming quality settings and is called "Audio Effects"

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotifty to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4android FX (which is what I use), orEqualizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Anyone know of a widget to control the Android/Spotify EQ? Buried in the menu as it is, it is a pain in the rear to constantly have to dig it out to switch off/on when changing from car to headphones to home stereo etc.

Thanks!

I found it! This is a nice free widget app that gives you direct control over Android equalizer without dealing with the buried menu setting in Spotify. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namakerorin.audiofxwidget

I have this phone as well and it originally had one when I first got it and now it no longer does. I have 300$ head phones and I would like my bass I've played premium for almost three years. This is ridiculous that a 6 month old phone hasn't been updated to have this option yet

@Snowfirebeast wrote:
I have this phone as well and it originally had one when I first got it and now it no longer does. I have 300$ head phones and I would like my bass I've played premium for almost three years. This is ridiculous that a 6 month old phone hasn't been updated to have this option yet

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Equalizer" (previously known in the app as "Audio Effects")

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use but requires root), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Best Android if you like unresponsive touch-screens, yes.

Suggested posts