Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Buzzing noise between tracks (HTC Wildfire - 2.3.7)

Solved!

Buzzing noise between tracks (HTC Wildfire - 2.3.7)

Hi guys

I'm running the preview version of Spotify but I had the same issue with the last release.

I get a really irritating buzzing noise both between tracks, and when the connection drops out.

I have an HTC Wildfire (ironically called Buzz in the US) running CM7.1.0.1 (Gingerbread 2.3.7), although the issue was also there running the official HTC ROM (2.2).

No other music software does this, and the buzzing disappears if Spotify is closed.

Has anyone had this issue or is it just me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have have had the same issue on 2 different versions of firmware and the common cause of the issue seems to be having an equalizer running. I have a Galaxy S1 and was running Gingerbread with the equalizer from smart android and found that un-installing the equalizer fixed the problem. Now I am running CyanongenMod V9 (ICS) which has an equalizer built into the rom and find that if I have any function of the equalizer turned on I get the buzzing between tracks. I hope the team at Spotify fix the issue as I prefer to listen to my music through an equalizer and I am paying for a premium account. I hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I'm having the same problem (different phone). Are you using Equalizer app or similar?

I am having the same issue with my spotify. It will make an irritating screaching noise from time to time. Iam using the equalizer built in spotify and my phone is the Galaxy S3.

An equalier built in to Spotify? I didn't know there was one.

Anyway - try disabling the equalizer to see if that solves the problem. That's what I'm trying and it may be working...

Marked as solution

I have have had the same issue on 2 different versions of firmware and the common cause of the issue seems to be having an equalizer running. I have a Galaxy S1 and was running Gingerbread with the equalizer from smart android and found that un-installing the equalizer fixed the problem. Now I am running CyanongenMod V9 (ICS) which has an equalizer built into the rom and find that if I have any function of the equalizer turned on I get the buzzing between tracks. I hope the team at Spotify fix the issue as I prefer to listen to my music through an equalizer and I am paying for a premium account. I hope this helps others.

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions. It's odd though because it only started recently, so I don't know if it was due to an update to Equalizer or to Spotify. Sounds like the problem *may* be with Spotify, if it's being caused by other EQ apps too...

Suggested posts