Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug Report: Crashing when trying to show friends' playlists

The new Android version of Spotify shuts down as I try to show my friends' playlists.

• Spotify Legend
  • The new Android version of Spotify shuts down as I try to show my friends' playlists.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to stop synchronization in the new app?

Hi, in fact I have 2 questions: 1. What does "synchronization" exactly means? Does Spotify download all my 5000 musics on my phone or is it just a pointer on another server? 2. How to stop this synchronization in the new application? Thanks a lot for...

• Hi, in fact I have 2 questions:   1. What does "synchronization" exactly means? Does Spotify download all my 5000 musics on my phone or is it just a pointer on another server?   2. ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Handling of off-line music?

Let me start by saying that questions like this would all go away if Spotify had some decent documentation. I downloaded the new app, and I'm very confused about how it handles off-line music. I put all the music I like to listen to regularly on my M...

• Regular
  • Let me start by saying that questions like this would all go away if Spotify had some decent documentation.   I downloaded the new app, and I'm very confused about how it handles off-line mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Choose where to save offline songs in the Android app

Hello! I just want to tell Spotify this: Spotify for Android needs the option to choose where to store offline songs!I am a paying customer, I expect Spotify to fix this immidiatly! Thumbs up everyone so that they see this!Btw. I will email them ever...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello! I just want to tell Spotify this: Spotify for Android needs the option to choose where to store offline songs! I am a paying customer, I expect Spotify to fix this immidiatly!   ...
  • Vonwen
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

No music will play AT ALL?!

I just downloaded the free Spotify app on my HTC one x in the UK.I joined spotify by signing in with facebook.I've searched for a countless amount of tracks, and tried listening to a friend's playlist and on every single track it says 'this track is ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded the free Spotify app on my HTC one x in the UK. I joined spotify by signing in with facebook. I've searched for a countless amount of tracks, and tried listening to a friend's pla...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No 'Libraray' item in playlists on new version ???

Hi all, First, excuse my english, I'm french, and as u may know, we are not the best in foreign languages \o/ Well my question is : On old application, we were having an item called 'Libray' in playlists ... That was very usefull to listen all files ...

• Regular
  • Hi all, First, excuse my english, I'm french, and as u may know, we are not the best in foreign languages \o/ Well my question is : On old application, we were having an item called 'Libray' in...
  • Bilo1000
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The mobile Spotify is useless

I've been trying both the official Spotify for Android and the Beta version, and even though the Beta version is more stabil, it has a lot of flaws. *Often won't go back to the playlist when pressing back key *Doesn't know what to do when it finds a ...

• Roadie
  • I've been trying both the official Spotify for Android and the Beta version, and even though the Beta version is more stabil, it has a lot of flaws.    *Often won't go back to the playl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting within Playlist folders

I have my playlist folders lovingly organised as: Genre+Artist++Year-Album1 ++Year-Album2 ++Year-Album3 +AnotherArtist ++Year-Album1 ++Year-Album2 When I choose 'All Songs' within the Artist the songs are sorted into Alphabetical order by title, whic...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my playlist folders lovingly organised as:   Genre +Artist ++Year-Album1 ++Year-Album2 ++Year-Album3 +AnotherArtist ++Year-Album1 ++Year-Album2   When I choose 'A...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Downloaded spotify app, now I have premium without having paid for it..?

Hiya, So, my mum got me one of those spotify gift cards and I was going get 3 months of spotify premium with it.I thought I'd download the spotify app to my android (HTC desire Z, provider T-Mobile, the Netherlands) and now all of a sudden I have spo...

• Hiya,   So, my mum got me one of those spotify gift cards and I was going get 3 months of spotify premium with it. I thought I'd download the spotify app to my android (HTC desire Z, provider...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android APP Eating My Battery On Phone

This has been going on forever now... just thought i would post about it. Spotify on my phone crashes alot and also, once i quit spotify; it still runs in the background and makes my phone very hot draining my phone battery to 0%. even if i force clo...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been going on forever now... just thought i would post about it.   Spotify on my phone crashes alot and also, once i quit spotify; it still runs in the background and makes my phone v...
  • Sephiria
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Bluetooth problems Android HTC Sensation

When I listen to music via Bluetooth and then get a call or message, the music will stopafter discontinued.HTC Sensation and Sony MEX-BT3900U car radioWeis because someone has a solution?

• When I listen to music via Bluetooth and then get a call or message, the music will stopafter discontinued. HTC Sensation and Sony ...
  • Kuks
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not detecting phone

Im trying to sync some local files with Spotify on my HTC Wildfire S, but Spotify does not detect it as a Device. Why is it not detecting it? Quiet annoying tbh it is attached to the PC with a USB cabel as well over Wi-Fi.

• Regular
  • Im trying to sync some local files with Spotify on my HTC Wildfire S, but Spotify does not detect it as a Device. Why is it not detecting it? Quiet annoying tbh 😞   it is attached to th...
  • L337GoD777
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stream my tracks on MOBILE?

on android (newest beta) we cant play local files.. while im pretty sure we will be able to one day (seems easy enough) is there anyway for us to have our own server space to stream our own personal tracks from our spotify library and not just the st...

• on android (newest beta) we cant play local files.. while im pretty sure we will be able to one day (seems easy enough) is there anyway for us to have our own server space to stream our own personal ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming only available to Premium subscribers......but i am one??

I assume I am just doing something pretty dumb, but I can't figure this out.Any help please. Synced all my songs on my phone, I see the same exact songs on phone and PC. I click on a song to play and it says "Streaming is only available to Premium su...

• Casual Listener
  • I assume I am just doing something pretty dumb, but I can't figure this out. Any help please.   Synced all my songs on my phone, I see the same exact songs on phone and PC.   I click o...
  • Mayhildehansen
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

re-downloading deleted songs

I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them again. Now whenever I try to get them on Spotify the...

• I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spovify on galaxy S2 crashes in online mode

I recently experienced the same problem and had to delete all traces of spotify and reinstall. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks but now it's back again. And I haven't even resynced all the tracks yet, and really do not want to reset every...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently experienced the same problem and had to delete all traces of spotify and reinstall. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks but now it's back again. And I haven't even resynced all th...
  • royal23
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone else having similar problems? Could be a problem with the...

• Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone el...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify wont let me play all songs on my htc wildfire s

when I listen to spotify mobile it wont play a lot of songs. when I press play on the songs, spotify closes and I have to log in again. this has happend on two different devices, but does not happen on my computer.

• Casual Listener
  • when I listen to spotify mobile it wont play a lot of songs. when I press play on the songs, spotify closes and I have to log in again. this has happend on two different devices, but does not happen ...
  • richter
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs and stuff

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well.I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably already aware of.1. On the Android app, when listening to...

• Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well. I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably alre...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on 2 Android devices? Or just one device with Spotify Premium??

is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is that possible? Or have i to pay for more mobile de...

• Casual Listener
  • is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is...
  • MarioS92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes