Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Preview - No Album Art

Android Preview - No Album Art

Hi All.

I've just installed the new Android Preview on my Motorola Atrix - which is running ICS.

No problems downloading or installing. Everything works fine and looks great.

Just one problem: there is no Album or Artist Art. Just the generic placeholder - like you would expect while you're waiting for the pictures to appear. Only it never does.

I know this is just a preview and things may not be perfect yet but I can't find any other mention of this problem on this forum so I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this or has a solution?
Thanks very much. 

35 Replies

Haven't had that particular issue up til now. Could be a temporary problem with the server that provides those images - see if it's still an issue later or tomorrow
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have seen some reports of some album artwork being a little slow to be pulled into the application. But they should appear in time! Have you always had this problem, or is it only fairly recently that it's happened?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

I've always had the problem - well, since I installed the Preview last week.

The art never appears. I've played an entire album and no art has popped up.

Odd, huh?

Hmm, very odd. Have you tried reinstalling the application at all? Maybe something didn't configure quite right the first time...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yeah, I did. I even wipped the phone completely and installed the latest version of ROM just to be sure!

How odd. Are you connecting via Wi-Fi or 3G? If it's Wi-Fi, what ISP are you using?
Airhorn Enthusiast

That's a good question. I think I've tried both. But I will turn the wi-fi off now and give it a go.

My ISP is Sky

UPDATE: Just gone 3G/HSDPA only (T-Mobile). Still nothing. Could it be something to do with the ROM? Maybe I'm getting carried away!

What's happen if you re-install the app?

Re-installed twice now. It doesn't seem to make any difference, unfortunately.

Has anyone else noticed this yet?

I've reinstalled the rom on my phone, formatted the SD and just installed the latest version from the play store. Still no art. Can't work out why!

You are not alone.

I am facing the same problem; which I had on the preview version and now on the final new version.

Installing, reinstalling... erasing datas. None of those solutions have been efficient. Still got no pics.

I am currently using a nand ROM on my HD2 : paranoid android 1.1a.

Looking for an answer to this prob too..

I'll join the club. Today I updated my spotify app and was so happy that now Bluetooth headset works proper. But all album arts disappeared. I hope with next update it will be fixed.

Hope there will be a fix... 

We seem to be only a small number have this issue.

Am I right in saying that we're all running 3rd party ROM's on our phones. ie not manufacturers stock?

If so... what does that tell us? I'm clueless!!

For me it's right. I running a custom from on my HD2. But I can't believe that this is the problem. The old app worked fine. I hope some dev will see this thread and fix the problem. 😉

Indeed , I am running currently on nand Rom Paranoid Android 1.2a (which is great by the way : smooth, quick...)

I will contact the support in order to have them working on our problem. 

I have no problems with Deezer mobile... Pics are being showed.

I must say that it is not a frill to have album arts... 

I will tell you what comes out of that procedure.

Until then, enjoy black, grey and green.

I have not had album art ever. I was a premium beta user and thought I would get artwork with the recent update. Reason I am searching for a solution. I would like artwork,  it makes it prettier and more awesome when showing off that I am a premium user.

I am running a Motorola Photon (Sprint), Android 4.0.4, CyanogenMod v9 Unofficial by Jokersax

Hallo chrisalanwest !

I have also the Motorola Atrix with ICS running on it. And unfortunately the same problem with the Album or Artist Art.

Sarg666

i have sent a mail the support team linking to this thread.

I will tell you if something new comes up.

Suggested posts