Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I remove cache and preserve my library?

Can I remove cache and preserve my library?

I have a huge amount of songs that I once added but now I don't like them anymore, so I removed them from my library. Now that didn't free any space at all. It seems to be a thing for years already. Now there is the clear cache option. But I don't want to look up everything again. I only want to get rid of the files of the songs I deleted and not my library or playlists. So basically can I delete the cache files and preserve my online playlists? I'm afraid to try it because i'm uncertain of the outcome...
2 Replies

Update

I got ballsy and did it anyway. And for others who would like to know. It preserves your playlist. It just removes all downloaded files and keeps your online library, so no need to fear.

It would be really nice if you remove something from your library, it would actually be removed from you phone entirely! I'm relatively new to spotify so my playlists are not that long and it was only 4 gb, but imagine having to do that every month with 20 gb or more. I believe this could be easily fixed, yet for years you have just ignored it for some reason. I can find posts related to this problem from 2015!

Thanks for the info. My cache is 10 gb even though i have no downloaded songs, and I am running low on space on my phone.  Ive been afraid to clear the cache because its taken a long time to build my library.  I add entire albums and then as I'm listening I remove songs I don't want to keep. Backwards I know, but I've discovered a lot of songs I've never heard that I like that way.

Suggested posts