Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can only download daily mix on desktop if downloaded before on mobile

Solved!

Can only download daily mix on desktop if downloaded before on mobile

I am only given the option to download a daily mix on desktop app if I have before downloaded that daily mix on Android app.

On desktop app (Windows 10) : for some daily mixes I am given the option to download, for others the sliding button is not shown at all (see attach)

This correlates exactly with the daily mixes I have downloaded on Android App: downloaded on Android, then option to download on desktop is available

If I download a new daily mix on Android then the next time I launch the desktop app the button to download becomes available.

spotify bug download daily mix.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @yugflg!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

On desktop you get the option to download your Daily mixes for offline listening if they are saved to Your Library.

When you save a Mix by clicking on the ❤-icon next to the play button, you should be given the option to save the list and play it offline .

If you download the Daily Mix on your phone, it's automatically added to Your Library and the download option appears directly on desktop.

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @yugflg!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

On desktop you get the option to download your Daily mixes for offline listening if they are saved to Your Library.

When you save a Mix by clicking on the ❤-icon next to the play button, you should be given the option to save the list and play it offline .

If you download the Daily Mix on your phone, it's automatically added to Your Library and the download option appears directly on desktop.

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts