Can only play cached songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

My Question or Issue

Spotify is a streaming service that does not stream.

I’ve been a premium user since 2012 and only had issues in the last few months.

Originally my issue was that Spotify would stop playback after 2 songs. That was very annoying and I tried everything I could find to fix it: sign out everywhere, clear cache, uninstall reinstall, disable battery optimisation, keep app awake, restart device, etc. Since doing this, I now have continuous playback of only what is stored in local cache.

The app has stopped streaming. It will store only 2 or 3 songs in local cache and repeat these. If I want to listen to an album or playlist uninterrupted, I can’t. I only get the same 2 songs on a loop and Spotify doesn’t stream the next songs.

World’s worst solution: store an album in cache or download before listening. But why should I have to do this? My issue also makes radio service unusable.

Why am I paying for this?

1 Reply

Hi @1231154371,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We'll do our best to help out.

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This is will make sure all app data is cleared and that you're running the latest app version.

If that doesn't help, try the following:

• Toggle between WiFi and mobile data and try streaming some music. Is there any difference.
  • Check if this is happening to all content - your playlists, Spotify created playlists, albums, podcasts.
  • Ask a friend to log in with their account and see if music keeps stopping like that. You can also create a quick free account to try this out.
  • Let us know your exact device model, OS version and Spotify version.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts