Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify isn't available anymore on my Galaxy Watch

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung Galaxy S21Operating SystemWatch: One UI Watch Version 1.5 and Tizen Version 4.0.0.7Smartphone: Android 11 My Question or IssueI changed my Smartphone from the Galaxy S8 to a Galaxy S21....

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Samsung Galaxy Watch, Samsung Galaxy S21 Operating System Watch: One UI Watch Version 1.5 and Tizen Version 4.0.0.7 Smartphone: Android 11   My ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to control phone volume (samsung) from laptop (mac)

First I'd like to commend the design of this website, it only took me around 15mins to find how to post a bug report and to do that I had to find and read "How do I report an issue I am experiencing with the app", truly a tremendous design. As for re...

• Visitor
  • First I'd like to commend  the design of this website, it only took me around 15mins to find how to post a bug report and to do that I had to find and read "How do I report an issue I am ex...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art does not update when next song plays

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: HP G3 ChromeboxOS: ChromeI have a dual monitor setup, and usually leave Spotify on the secondary monitor. I have noticed that once I move focus over to the primary monitor, Spotify does not update the album art, nor t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: HP G3 Chromebox OS: Chrome I have a dual monitor setup, and usually leave Spotify on the secondary monitor. I have noticed that once I move focus over to the pr...
  • Kelt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant open albums

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung galaxy A3 (2017)Operating Android My Question or Issuemy question is that whenever i go to open up an album it wont let me i click on the list of songs under the artist name and nothing happens.Its not like some other pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device Samsung galaxy  A3 (2017) Operating Android   My Question or Issue my question is that whenever i go to open up an album it wont let me i click...
  • James926
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs Too Easily Unlikeable

Newer versions of the Android App have put the green heart next to each song in Liked Songs. It has been a problem forever on the web and desktop UI that if you click once in the wrong place, you could just lose a song with no idea that you'd even do...

• Visitor
  • Newer versions of the Android App have put the green heart next to each song in Liked Songs.   It has been a problem forever on the web and desktop UI that if you click once in the wrong place...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromebook web player has void blank gap above control panel.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI use the free version web player on a chromebook. I now have a 30mm wide 'void strip' above ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I use t...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not starting after changing storage to SD card

PlanPremium FamilyCountrySouth AfricaDeviceBlackview BV8000Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueI changed my storage from phone memory to SD card. The app that it would transfer my data in the background and that the app would restart when...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country South Africa Device Blackview BV8000 Operating System Android  7.0   My Question or Issue I changed my storage from phone memory to SD card. The app th...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unliked song won't play again, despite following troubleshoot solutions

I accidentally disliked a song and can't get it to play again. I've tried selecting 'show unplayable songs' in both the mobile and desktop app but this didn't work. I've tried clicking the three dots next to the song, but the option 'allow this song'...

• Casual Listener
  •  I accidentally disliked a song and can't get it to play again. I've tried selecting 'show unplayable songs' in both the mobile and desktop app but this didn't work. I've tried clicking the thre...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • blocked song
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stops&starts songs randomly

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryHungary DeviceHuawei P9 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueHey, in the last 2 days Spotify rand...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Hungary   Device Huawei P9 Lite Operating Sys...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search and order options inside playlist disapeared??

PlanPremiumCountry Samsung galaxy s9Operating SystemAndroid Oreow My Question or IssueSo i have the galaxy s9 and somehow the search and order songs options inside a playlist disappeared, I mean they are nowhere on the app

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Samsung galaxy s9 Operating System Android Oreow   My Question or Issue So i have the galaxy s9 and somehow the search and order songs options i...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Serch and order playlist
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No controls in notification bar

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceMi mix 3 5gOperating SystemMIUI 12.0.2android 9 PKQ1.190321.001My Question or Issueall the buttons have dissapeared on my device notification bar and home screen all permissions are on and i did a clean reinstall. Unlik...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Mi mix 3 5g Operating System MIUI 12.0.2 android 9 PKQ1.190321.001 My Question or Issue all the buttons have dissapeared on my device notification bar an...
  • Novy
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Can't add an album/EP to queue/playlist.

Hello, I installed Spofity recently, so I'm not premium yet, maybe that's why I can't do it? But I can't add any album to a playlist or to queue. I've searched for this on other topics and they tell me to reinstall the app, which I did (I also did a ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I installed Spofity recently, so I'm not premium yet, maybe that's why I can't do it? But I can't add any album to a playlist or to queue. I've searched for this on other topics and they tell ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Downloaded songs

My android phone needs repair and factory reset. Just connected to laptop via USB. went to phone folder. Internalsharedstorage\Android\data\com.spotify.music\files\spotifycache\Storage Here all files were stored under various folders as FILE type. Co...

• Visitor
  • My android  phone needs repair and factory reset. Just connected to laptop via USB.    went to phone folder.  Internalsharedstorage\Android\data\com.spotify.music\files\spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution song art/ time won't change

I use premium, a family plan. I use an Samsung A51 5G and I live in USand something that keeps happening is I play a song then close out of the app. When I come back the art song title nothing changes but the audio. This is very petty when the time s...

• Visitor
  • I use premium, a family plan. I use an Samsung A51 5G and I live in US and something that keeps happening is I play a song then close out of the app. When I come back the art song title nothing chan...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Premium - Keep Getting Dismissable Notifications

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHTCOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe whole point of premium is I'm not bothered with ads. On my android Spotify application I keep getting dismissable notifications regarding podcasts I've never heard of and am...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device HTC Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The whole point of premium is I'm not bothered with ads. On my android Spotify application I keep get...
  • Jahnzilla
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting of songs changing in offline mode

DeviceHuawai PRA-LX1Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Spotify App8.5.94.839 My Question or Issue Hello, if I change from online to offline the sorting of the songs is changing to a wrong order. This happens here https://open.spotify.com/album/43ueKn4i2UyB...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Huawai PRA-LX1 Operating System Android 8.0.0 Spotify App 8.5.94.839   My Question or Issue   Hello,   if I change from online to offline the sorting of the songs is ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notifications not appearing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueFor some reason I no longer get any push notifications from Spotify. A couple years ago I remember getting updates about new songs from artists I fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue For some reason I no longer get any push notifications from Spotify.&nbs...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bug - Podcast progress bar in notification area only updates at default speed

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThere's a constant updating notification from Spotify that appears in the notification area that you get from swiping down from the top of the screen. It shows the p...

• Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue There's a constant updating notification from Spotify that appears in the notification ar...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution title not playing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.using Spotify free on android when i select a title it only plays 20 secs the switches to another title. I have tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc. using Spotify free on android when i s...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify podcast freezes when opened while ad is playing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9 & New Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5gOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI'm currently experiencing issues in which Spotify freezes specifically when listening to Podcasts. It app...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & New Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5g Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I'm currently experiencing...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes