Premium (Weekly)

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

Wear OS 3

Issue

The issue I'm facing is that I have given storage permission to the app on my smartwatch but still I'm not able to download the songs for offline play.

9 Replies

I'm facing the same problem here in Germany

Hey there @purba29 and @Witchie90,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

I get that you've experienced some troubles moving your content for offline listening on your Galaxy Watch 4. Let's try to troubleshoot this together now.

This could well be happening due to some intermittent connectivity issues. Here are the initial steps you should take in order to tackle such situations:

• Restart the watch.
  • Reset the connection by disabling the connectivity both on the phone and the watch. Then turn them on again.
  • Open the Wear OS/Galaxy Wearable app on the phone to retrigger the connection.
  • Make sure you are in close vicinity of the phone if the watch doesn’t have Wi-Fi connection or a LTE subscription.

Check those steps and if nothing helps, please describe here what exactly happens on your end, and best would be to provide a screen recording. The video will help the mods and the Community to take a closer look and be able to give you a better solution advice.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you for your reply, but I`ve already knew this steps ( with my old Galaxy Watch 2) . It didn`t work with my Samsung s8 device and my new Galaxy Watch4 but I'm using S20 now and everything is working fine, I could download my playlists without any issues yet, thanks.

Hey again @Witchie90,

Thanks for letting me know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your Spotify app and Galaxy Watch updated, so you don't miss any new features or fixes. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy watch 4 LTE and Google Pixel 4a 5g

Operating System

Wear OS 3.2 and Android 13

Hey,
I can not download any songs to my Galaxy watch 4. If I tap download, it says for a split second "downloading 0 of XXX" and than it goes back to "download to watch". I tried different things: Watch only connected to Wifi, Watch connected to phone and Wifi, Watch only connected to phone). 
I also changed the premissions "Files and media" to "Allow only while using the app" (only option other then "deny")
Anyone got some tipps for me?

Greetings from Germany
Markus

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your reports to the Community.

The issue of downloading tracks on Wear OS devices is related to a recent change in how Spotify manages downloads on user devices by introducing stricter offline device limiting. Remember that there's a limit of 5 devices, you can check all this info and the process to remove an offline device in this article.

We apologize if this may cause any inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation. The right folks are actively working on this.

Hope this sheds some light on the situation. If you have any additional questions, the Community will be here.

OscarDCModerator

Hey,
thank you. It worked. Is there any way I can see all devices with downloaded songs? And is the limit per user or 5 devices per plan (in my case familyplan)?

Hey @mw3600!

Good to hear it worked! We don't have an established way to check how many devices you have downloaded songs on, and the limit is not per plan, but per account. So every member of your plan gets to have downloaded songs on up to 5 devices. 

Every member can keep track of the personal devices they're using and when you have access to the devices, you can remove the downloads either from the Spotify app (Settings > Remove all downloads) or by clearing the app's cache and data.

Hope this helps!

ElenaModerator

Hi, after month of good use I cant Download any playlist to my wear OS smartwatch any more. There is more than enough storage but it doesnt Start the download. Few weeks ago it was working perfect. Any ideas?

Suggested posts