Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't fast forward when playing local files

Solved!

Can't fast forward when playing local files

I have several local files that I've downloaded onto my phone from my computer. However, when I play the songs on my phone, I'm unable to scroll forward. Every time I do so, the track restarts from the beginning. Has anybody run into this before?

32 Replies

I have the same issue can fast forward on spotify app on pc but not on my android mobile extremely frustrating

Same problem, it nearly drove my crazy... Spotify, please it can't be this difficult to fix

Yeah i'm having the exact same probleem. 

This is annoying as a premium member who largely uses Spotify on their phone and also happens to listen to a lot of local files...

I got in touch with Spotify support through Twitter and they suggested the following:

1. Remove all offline devices from your Spotify account.

2. Uninstall Spotify from those devices.

3. Reinstall Spotify on those devices and the re-download the offline files.

I haven't been able to give this a shot yet, but please report back if you try it.

Marked as solution

Just updated the app with todays update and now it seems to work again. Finally! 

AWWWW YEAHHH

Same here.  Works as it should now after update.

Now Spotify works 🤟✌️🎶

It is working now after the update. Thanks guys. 

Just checked then, the problem seems to have been resolved for me.  I presume this was a fault from the most recent update.  Thanks Spotify for resolving this issue.  You have kept a long time customer.

okay
Now I have the same problem again can not play forward

is anyone else having the same problem?

Here's a solution you can up vote to get the developers attention

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Local-Files-Podcasts-Allow-option-for-local-files-to-b...

Suggested posts