Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify forcing itself on my phone's player while the website player on another computer is playing

Spotify forcing itself on my phone's player while the website player on another computer is playing

I was listening to the Spotify website player in a browser on my computer, I then got a phone call, I paused the web player, answered the phone, unpaused the web player, plugged in headphones to the phone, then suddenly the phone started playing Spotify in the middle of the call 😠 However, that's only part of the problem.

While I could pause the phone player from the lockscreen, and then click Play again on the desk computer's web player, I noticed that it gave a prompt to select to "connect" play on the web player or the phone (it should already have known so this didn't make sense)... so I clicked to continue in the web player.

I go back to my phone, and notice that the Spotify player can't be swiped away from the lockscreen or notification panel in Android... if I swipe it, it just swipes back instead of away. I opened the Spotify app and got a prompt to choose whether to play from the phone or web player, and I chose the web player (why is this even required?!).

What's going on?! I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 with the latest update - One UI 4.1 I think. I know that One UI keeps a list of last-played apps in the "player" bar, but I can't tell why Spotify is not letting me swipe it away... it's not playing... I already told it twice to use the web player.

I reboot the phone... no play is interrupted in the web player... upon reboot, there's the Spotify app in the player bar again, but this time I notice the pause button is showing, indicating that I can pause the web player from my phone... which is why it's stuck in the player bar.

Look, I don't want to control the desk player from my phone. I already control it from the desk player. 

Plan: Premium

Device: S10

Operating System: Windows

1 Reply

Hey @turquoxic,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you first start with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone? Here is how to do one.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, we'd like you to check if Spotify has permissions to run in the background or not. More on that here.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts