Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't install on Xperia Tipo

Solved!

Can't install on Xperia Tipo

Hi, I am looking for help:

Trying to install Spotify on Sony Xperia Tipo I keep getting a message: "Insufficient storage available", although I have plenty of space both internal and on SD card. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Android reserves space for caches etc, it may actually be that it appears you have plenty of space on your phone, but in fact most of that is reserved and so you cannot install it.

What error message comes up on the Play Store when you try to install it? Can you try wiping your cache's (Internet, etc)... there are apps whcih can help do this such as Clean Master.

If you can wiping some caches or/and uninstalling some apps then try again. If it still fails, please advise the error message given on the Play Store (including the error code).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

First check your internal memory and how much free space it has,if it's below 100mb try to move some apps in SD card. If it has enough memory try to clear cache of the play store. Do these steps and see if it succeeds

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Try rebooting your phone. It may actually be ram that's low.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks, I tried several times. Same message.

Marked as solution

Android reserves space for caches etc, it may actually be that it appears you have plenty of space on your phone, but in fact most of that is reserved and so you cannot install it.

What error message comes up on the Play Store when you try to install it? Can you try wiping your cache's (Internet, etc)... there are apps whcih can help do this such as Clean Master.

If you can wiping some caches or/and uninstalling some apps then try again. If it still fails, please advise the error message given on the Play Store (including the error code).

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

First check your internal memory and how much free space it has,if it's below 100mb try to move some apps in SD card. If it has enough memory try to clear cache of the play store. Do these steps and see if it succeeds

How much space do you have left? Android tends to start having issues if its less than about 100MB.

Suggested posts