Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search doesnt match certain artists

I'm on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 In the search bar, search for artist Man Man by searching: man man. Man Man is NOT returned in the list of artists. On a mac desktop, searching for man man returns the correct result. You ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3   In the search bar, search for artist Man Man by searching: man man.  Man Man is NOT returned in the list of artists.  ...
  • ajdes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

song options action sheet on 0.7.5.696 difficult to recognize and tap quickly

Here is my use case: I primarily star songs that I want to have downloaded onto my device, creating a large downloaded playlist of songs I can put on shuffle in my car, and I often queue up a few songs while driving. However, the new UI that puts all...

• Here is my use case:   I primarily star songs that I want to have downloaded onto my device, creating a large downloaded playlist of songs I can put on shuffle in my car, and I often queue u...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Note stops streaming when phone goes idle.

I tried a fresh install. I have uninstalled my custom operating system. I tried a task manager for the exception list. Nothing has worked. It's only been happening the past two or three months, and it's really annoying. Wether I'm on my 4G lte networ...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried a fresh install. I have uninstalled my custom operating system. I tried a task manager for the exception list. Nothing has worked. It's only been happening the past two or three months, and i...
  • joshlikesmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects Stop Working when music stopped or paused

Hi, I've recently found that when I pause or stop songs using the Spotify android app the audio effects i have turned on stop working when the muisc is resumed. The audio effects then start working upon entering the Audio Effects menu (ie there is no...

• Hi,   I've recently found that when I pause or stop songs using the Spotify android app the audio effects i have turned on stop working when the muisc is resumed. The audio effects then star...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with no internet conection

Hi. I have premium and a SGS4 i download a playlist from spotify to play while i'm on the bus. But it play only on random and doesnt scrobble :/. There is a fix for this?, i use the spotify app from the playstore.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have premium and a SGS4 i download a playlist from spotify to play while i'm on the bus. But it play only on random and doesnt scrobble :/.  There is a fix for this?, i use the spotify app...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Related artists gone

So Related artists link is gone. There is no link to the page, also swipeing left or right does nothing. http://i.imgur.com/zWxDkV7.png ... It's just not there. Biography is still there, just no related artists. Spotify is updated fully.

• Regular
  • So Related artists link is gone. There is no link to the page, also swipeing left or right does nothing.   http://i.imgur.com/zWxDkV7.png ... It's just not there.   Biography is sti...
  • AKKW
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable covers to show in playlists

Hi, I'm using spotify now for quite a while and I pretty like the big variety of classical music. I only got the problem, that I can't see the full name of a titel in playlist, because there is the cover on the left site of the screen. for short name...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm using spotify now for quite a while and I pretty like the big variety of classical music. I only got the problem, that I can't see the full name of a titel in playlist, because the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugg:Max volume drops on Samsung s4

I have an issue with the max audio volume on my samsung s4.Using headset I will have to repeatedly unplugg/replugg the headset to get max audio volume. I.e having selected max volume the level is okay, but suddenly (changing song) the max device volu...

• Regular
  • I have an issue with the max audio volume on my samsung s4. Using headset I will have to repeatedly unplugg/replugg the headset to get max audio volume. I.e having selected max volume the level is...
  • pepp-elito
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugg max audio volume
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have premium but can't turn of shuffle. There is no"I" button in sight.

I can't turn shuffle of. there are little icons at the top of the screen for shuffle and repeat but I can't toggle either. Really starting to piss me off. Helppp

• I can't turn shuffle of. there are little icons at the top of the screen for shuffle and repeat but I can't toggle either. Really starting to piss me off. Helppp
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

volume decrease at the start of songs. *Phone Spotify*

Hello there, I've been using Spotify for over a year and a half now on my LG Nexus 4. Ever since I've had it, there has been this issue where song decrease in volume dramatically after 1/2 a second into a track.This is for both streamed and downloade...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I've been using Spotify for over a year and a half now on my LG Nexus 4. Ever since I've had it, there has been this issue where song decrease in volume dramatically after 1/2 a second i...
  • Mbounty
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Volume Issues on Galaxy S4

Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this particular issue? Ever since the new firmware update for Android in September, everytime I play a new song on spotify, I have to clear the RAM for the volume just to sound decent. I even changed phones via war...

• Hi all,   Does anyone know how to fix this particular issue? Ever since the new firmware update for Android in September, everytime I play a new song on spotify, I have to clear the RAM for ...
  • pepp-elito
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Kein Abspielen möglich - Samsung Galaxy Tab p-1000

Ich habe mir die Spotify-App neu heruntergeladen und diese auf meinem Tab installiert. Ich habe mir einen neuen, kostenlosen Free-Account erstellt. Mit diesem sollte ich laut der FAQ alles abspielen können: Was ist der Unterschied zwischen Spotify-Fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe mir die Spotify-App neu heruntergeladen und diese auf meinem Tab installiert. Ich habe mir einen neuen, kostenlosen Free-Account erstellt. Mit diesem sollte ich laut der FAQ alles abspiele...
  • Oimel1964
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Spotify not working on Android

Hello, I have an old HTC Hero that I wish to use solely for playing free Spotify shuffle. However, everytime I try to play an artist or song, I get a notification that tells me I need to upgrade to Premium to stream music. Ontop of that, I don't see ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have an old HTC Hero that I wish to use solely for playing free Spotify shuffle. However, everytime I try to play an artist or song, I get a notification that tells me I need to u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble Purchasing Spotify Premium

I am trying to add spotify to my monthly sprint bill and when I go through the steps it says it sent me a text with a pin and to enter the pin only, I dont get the text and there is no option for this problem and ib cant seem to find a way to actuall...

• I am trying to add spotify to my monthly sprint bill and when I go through the steps it says it sent me a text with a pin and to enter the pin only, I dont get the text and there is no option for thi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i delete spotify playlist from my iphone?

i have 3 playlists each one including about 100 songs for offline listening on my iphone. i have 1.5 gb free space. and i choose on main window. and chose red minus . and deleted one of the playlists. and done. i checked th free space again. and it s...

• Casual Listener
  • i have 3 playlists each one including about 100 songs for offline listening on my iphone.   i have 1.5 gb free space. and i choose on main window. and chose red minus . and deleted one of ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Phone Space Full, Can't free up Space

I recently hit the limit for my android phone of 8 GB, I unchecked a bunch of playlists but the space will not free up. Any help would be appreciated.

• I recently hit the limit for my android phone of 8 GB, I unchecked a bunch of playlists but the space will not free up. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same problem

I can't choose songs on third multiple device. I can only shuffle and not choose what song I want. Really annoying. Please fix.

• I can't choose songs on third multiple device. I can only shuffle and not choose what song I want. Really annoying. Please fix.
  • alistair94
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Kindle Fire HD - No Browsing Curated Playlists, Discover..

The recent update ( a few months ago) for Spotify that gives us browsing capabilities and curated playlists...as well as the "Discover" section........this is not on the Kindle Fire version? Anyone else see the same?

• Visitor
  • The recent update ( a few months ago) for Spotify that gives us browsing capabilities and curated playlists...as well as the "Discover" section........this is not on the Kindle Fire version? Anyone e...
  • mercury666
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry. This radio station can't be started. Please try a new station.

DescriptionPlease describe the problemWhen I upvote or downvote a song it shows this error at the bottom of the screen, and when i go back into the station which now appears as "Unknown radio station based on" it is stuck on the improving station ani...

• Description Please describe the problem When I upvote or downvote a song it shows this error at the bottom of the screen, and when i go back into the station which now appears as "Unknown radio sta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Music Stops Playing after Several Tracks

Stops playing on mobile app. plays about 3 songs, then seems to pause on a blank/black screen. almost as if an ad is supposed to play but does not. just stays there. I have to quit out and restart it. Or sometime it will just turn off by itself. quit...

• Regular
  • Stops playing on mobile app. plays about 3 songs, then seems to pause on a blank/black screen. almost as if an ad is supposed to play but does not. just stays there. I have to quit out and restart it...
  • deanomight
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes