Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ryocrybabyy
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird noise between songs and at the end of albums. (Verizon Galaxy Nexus)

This has been happening a lot to me lately, where between tracks or at the end of an album this really loud and rather weird noise (that I can best describe as something you might hear Michael Bay's Transformers make) happens for a solid 5 seconds. I...

• Regular
  • This has been happening a lot to me lately, where between tracks or at the end of an album this really loud and rather weird noise (that I can best describe as something you might hear Michael Bay's ...
  • Swagyolofag88
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes

Annoying cracking noise on pause

Samsung GS3 stock 4.3. When equalizer is on there is a loud cracking noise every time i pause/skip track/stop. When equalizer is off there is no such problem. The problem is present with or without headphones.

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung GS3 stock 4.3. When equalizer is on there is a loud cracking noise every time i pause/skip track/stop. When equalizer is off there is no such problem. The problem is present with or without...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Controller for Android

I am a bit of a hif nut. I use a media pc connected to my hifi as my main audio source. I use foobar as playback software on the pc and it is controlled from my phone using foobarcon pro.I would quite like to give spotify another try and was wonderin...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a bit of a hif nut. I use a media pc connected to my hifi as my main audio source. I use foobar as playback software on the pc and it is controlled from my phone using foobarcon pro. I would ...
  • neradi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download APP WITHOUT letting GOOGLE register this info about me. HOW?

Im so **bleep**ing tired of giving GOOGLE every tidbit of information of my doings.How do i get the spotifuggle Android APP without going through GOOGLE PLAY?

• Im so **bleep**ing tired of giving GOOGLE every tidbit of information of my doings. How do i get the spotifuggle Android APP without going through GOOGLE PLAY?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume problems on Samsung S3. On each track volume is quiet after a second.

Hello lads, I have a problem with spotify on my mobile device, Samsung S3. After I hit play or change the track the volume is decent for a second and then it drops down for about 30%. On my laptop it is working all fine, just having this issue on my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello lads,   I have a problem with spotify on my mobile device, Samsung S3. After I hit play or change the track  the volume is decent for a second and then it drops down for about 30%...
  • tomasg
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! local music and Spotify in mobile

Hi.Can you advise how can I get music files to Spotify playlist, both in one htc one?Also cannot find Spotify downloads anywhere in mobile files - downloads, music, sdcard...Thanks for help.

• Music Fan
  • Hi. Can you advise how can I get music files to Spotify playlist, both in one htc one? Also cannot find Spotify downloads anywhere in mobile files - downloads, music, sdcard... Thanks for help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Large, unexpected downloads of music

For some time I have noticed that when I start up Spotify on my Nexus 7, the program starts downloading tracks to one of my playlists that I have synced between my desktop and device. This has generally been just a few tracks, so I don't pay too much...

• Gig Goer
  • For some time I have noticed that when I start up Spotify on my Nexus 7, the program starts downloading tracks to one of my playlists that I have synced between my desktop and device. This has genera...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One Lockscreen Issue

Hello, I am on HTC One with 4.2.2 + Sense 5.5 official WWE ROM. Totally stock, i mean untouched by third person. On the lockscreen we can pull up with clock or Music Widget. If user pull up clock, Phone unlock to screen where the user closed screen. ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am on HTC One with 4.2.2 + Sense 5.5 official WWE ROM. Totally stock, i mean untouched by third person.   On the lockscreen we can pull up with clock or Music Widget. &...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Meta Data on Galaxy S3 Android 4.3

I've read in various forums that the 4.3 update to the Galaxy S3 along with the latest version of Spotify finally enabled meta data over bluetooth to you could see track title/artist/etc info on your car's head unit. I'm not able to get any of this i...

• Regular
  • I've read in various forums that the 4.3 update to the Galaxy S3 along with the latest version of Spotify finally enabled meta data over bluetooth to you could see track title/artist/etc info on your...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Log In with Facebook account

Hello, Today I have Loged Out of my account on the Spotify Mobile and after that I cannot Log In back. When I tap on Log In with Facebook accout, for couple of secs I am redirected to the next "slide" and then back to the Log In view, what can I do a...

• Regular
  • Hello,   Today I have Loged Out of my account on the Spotify Mobile and after that I cannot Log In back.   When I tap on Log In with Facebook accout, for couple of secs I am redirec...
  • Xiiiax
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Read Now-playing metadata

The new Spotify app came with the setting "Device Broadcast Status". Does this mean its possible to read the meta-data of the current song? How do I go about doing this? The current spotify homescreen widget is horrifyingly ugly with its low pixel de...

• Roadie
  • The new Spotify app came with the setting "Device Broadcast Status". Does this mean its possible to read the meta-data of the current song? How do I go about doing this? The current spotify homescree...
  • krikelin
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Install

I have been trying to install it on my phone but it won't even let me install it. I am from India but am currently residing in Finland, and while I am able to use it on the desktop client (with a facebook login). It won't let me install the app. My s...

• I have been trying to install it on my phone but it won't even let me install it. I am from India but am currently residing in Finland, and while I am able to use it on the desktop client (with a fac...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Make removing the currently playing song from playing list easy

This is the use case. I find an interesting playlist. I create a new playlist based on it so that I customized it further. I click "Shuffle Play". A few songs later I find myself not interested in the song being played. I want to remove it from the p...

• This is the use case. I find an interesting playlist. I create a new playlist based on it so that I customized it further. I click "Shuffle Play". A few songs later I find myself not interested in th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Android Release Notes What's new in version 0.7.4 New: Shiny new look for Log in and Sign up. New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now. Fixed: Bugs, crashes and bad things. Notes We started rolling out this...

• Spotify Legend
  • Android Release Notes What's new in version 0.7.4 New: Shiny new look for Log in and Sign up. New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now. Fixe...
  • BlackEco
  • Gig Goer
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes

Error With Nexus 7 2013 + CM11

Description After 4 songs or so, the playlist stops playing, and I need to select it and click Shuffle Music again, or select a different playlist to listen to more music, this seems to happen both with the app in the foreground and in the background...

• Music Fan
  • Description After 4 songs or so, the playlist stops playing, and I need to select it and click Shuffle Music again, or select a different playlist to listen to more music, this seems to happen both...
  • kcmartz
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync Local files from android to desktop

Hello everybody First of all, i want to say, that i'm not a native english speaker, so i may make some mistake As i don't read anything about it, i just want to know if i can synchronize music from my android phone to my computer ? To be more precise...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody   First of all, i want to say, that i'm not a native english speaker, so i may make some mistake 🙂 As i don't read anything about it, i just want to know if i can synchron...
  • Astyan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify requirement

Hi community, I'd like to setup an Android tablet as Spotify media center. My question is if spotify will be compatible with the cheaper android tablet in the market (510M RAM - 1 CPU) ? I will send audio thansk to Airplay (android airplay app). This...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   I'd like to setup an Android tablet as Spotify media center.   My question is if spotify will be compatible with the cheaper android tablet in the market (510M RAM -...
  • matthloplop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting rid of the obscuring widget?

How do I get rid of the really ugly and obcuring lockscreen widget? I have 4.3 on my SGS3 LTE and latest Spotify version. I really don't need the widget.

• Regular
  • How do I get rid of the really ugly and obcuring lockscreen widget? I have 4.3 on my SGS3 LTE and latest Spotify version. I really don't need the widget.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search doesnt match certain artists

I'm on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 In the search bar, search for artist Man Man by searching: man man. Man Man is NOT returned in the list of artists. On a mac desktop, searching for man man returns the correct result. You ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3   In the search bar, search for artist Man Man by searching: man man.  Man Man is NOT returned in the list of artists.  ...
  • ajdes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

song options action sheet on 0.7.5.696 difficult to recognize and tap quickly

Here is my use case: I primarily star songs that I want to have downloaded onto my device, creating a large downloaded playlist of songs I can put on shuffle in my car, and I often queue up a few songs while driving. However, the new UI that puts all...

• Here is my use case:   I primarily star songs that I want to have downloaded onto my device, creating a large downloaded playlist of songs I can put on shuffle in my car, and I often queue u...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes