Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlist Folder

Hello everyone, is it somehow possible to create playlist folders for offline playlist? Another question: I don't really get it with making a playlist available for offline mode and synchronising. If I am in the same wlan with my mobile phone and the...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,   is it somehow possible to create playlist folders for offline playlist?    Another question: I don't really get it with making a playlist available for offlin...
  • madmaxlax
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android App, co-exist with others?

Is there any obvious reason why the Android App will not happily co-exist with other music streaming services?

• Regular
  • Is there any obvious reason why the Android App will not happily co-exist with other music streaming services?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

app crashes when going on my playlists

Hi I've had this app for a few months now and it worked with no problems but since two weeks ago as soon as I go on one of my playlists or tap to add something to it the whole app crashes and I can't get on it anymore forcing me to uninstall it and r...

• Hi I've had this app for a few months now and it worked with no problems but since two weeks ago as soon as I go on one of my playlists or tap to add something to it the whole app crashes and I can't...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing a song imported from iTunes.

I bought a song not available on Spotify on iTunes. (Beyonce's "Pretty Hurts.) I imported to Spotify. I can play the song on my lap top. I included the song in a new mix. I downloaded the mix to my Android. It won't play on my Android. It says the so...

• Regular
  • I bought a song not available on Spotify on iTunes. (Beyonce's "Pretty Hurts.)   I imported to Spotify.   I can play the song on my lap top.   I included the song in a new ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with external SD card

I think this issue is taking too much time to get addressed. I have: - Removed the cache - Removed the application - Removed the battery - Format the SD card - Re-install Spotify But the latest version does not want to detect my external 32gb SD card...

• Regular
  • I think this issue is taking too much time to get addressed. I have:   - Removed the cache - Removed the application - Removed the battery - Format the SD card - Re-install Spotify ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

songs randomly pause, offline and online mode.

Constantly random pausing while playing, even when screen is on. Also on offline mode so it's not like there's another user on my account as others have stated.This happens while streaming in radio or albums or in offline playlist aswells. In additio...

• Casual Listener
  • Constantly random pausing while playing, even when screen is on. Also on offline mode so it's not like there's another user on my account as others have stated. This happens while streaming in ra...
  • antics7
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist synchronized only at normal quality level.

I noticed today a lot of space free in my device, checking I noticed that the offline sync folder of Spotify is reduced to be 3,5 Gb instead usual 11 Gb. All playlist are there, available offline and the quality selected is maximum as usual... To per...

• Visitor
  • I noticed today a lot of space free in my device, checking I noticed that the offline sync folder of Spotify is reduced to be 3,5 Gb instead usual 11 Gb. All playlist are there, available offline &nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded files

downloaded files available offline, will they still be there if I cancel Premium and go back to free? Why can´t I save them on my computer, or make a reccord?

• downloaded files available offline, will they still be there if I cancel Premium and go back to free? Why can´t I save them on my computer, or make a reccord?
  • pnc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes downloaded playlists

Why did Spotify delete all of my saved tracks? My tracks are stored in my SD card which I didn't remove as of late and after a quick check, the files are nowhere to be found as I gained nearly 8-12GB of storage on my SD card. I'm on a stock Android 4...

• Gig Goer
  • Why did Spotify delete all of my saved tracks? My tracks are stored in my SD card which I didn't remove as of late and after a quick check, the files are nowhere to be found as I gained nearly 8-12GB...
  • PegHorse
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Android 4.4's SD card limitations

Google seems to have placed more restricitons on the use of an external SD card in Android 4.4. Will this affect Spotify's ability to install and write files on the SD card? As I may get the Xperia Z2 which comes with Kit Kat and a SD card slot but w...

• Gig Goer
  • Google seems to have placed more restricitons on the use of an external SD card in Android 4.4.   Will this affect Spotify's ability to install and write files on the SD card? As I may get t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select songs I want to listen to

I cannot select songs that I want to play. There is only a "shuffle all" green button which plays everything on my playlist...

• I cannot select songs that I want to play. There is only a "shuffle all" green button which plays everything on my playlist...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to add actual listening song to a playlist?

I'm totally new os spotify. When I'm listening a song, how can I add THIS song to a playlist ? I've already created playlist, but I cannot understand how to add a song to a playlist. ..

• Casual Listener
  • I'm totally new os spotify.   When I'm listening  a song, how can I add THIS song to a playlist ?   I've already created playlist, but I cannot understand how to add a song to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

External speakers via USB...

I need to use bluetooth or usb to connect to external speakers from my Android phone can you help please. Suggestion: when I make a playlist, give me an option of purchasing those songs as a complete album.

• Regular
  • I need to use bluetooth or usb to connect to external speakers from my Android phone can you help please.   Suggestion: when I make a playlist, give me an option of purchasing those songs as...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why do I get notified when a playlist I follow gets new tracks?

I follow a playlist of a friend. I have noticed that when this playlist gets new tracks i get a notification on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). I get this notification even when Spotify is not running and I have set Spotify to be offline. I fin...

• Roadie
  • I follow a playlist of a friend. I have noticed that when this playlist gets new tracks i get a notification on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2).   I  get this notification even w...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify in car -usb

Hi.Connected my handy by usb to car stereo unit. In the offer of files on the screen there is default Music player, but not Spotify.Can you advise if and how to play the playlists from Spotify in the car?Mobile htc one x with Android 4.2.Thank you.

• Music Fan
  • Hi. Connected my handy by usb to car stereo unit. In the offer of files on the screen there is default Music player, but not Spotify. Can you advise if and how to play the playlists from Spotify ...
  • jara_vyoral
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Z1 Sound settings do not apply when spotify is running

Sony Z1 Android 4.3 version 14.2.A.1.136 Spotify 0.7.5.698 Premium Problem. When spotify is running then all extra audio settings (clearaudio+, EQ etc..) dont work. you can chose the setting but they wont apply. They do work with al other music progr...

• Casual Listener
  • Sony Z1 Android 4.3 version 14.2.A.1.136 Spotify 0.7.5.698 Premium   Problem. When spotify is running then all extra audio settings (clearaudio+, EQ etc..) dont work. you can chose the set...
  • ClearSound
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Locating audio effects

Okay, I have a HTC One Max and it lost the Beats settings, and I've seen a lot of things that say Spotify has an equalizer type audio effects. I may be one of a million people asking this, but where are the effects located? I absolutely can not figur...

• Regular
  • Okay, I have a HTC One Max and it lost the Beats settings, and I've seen a lot of things that say Spotify has an equalizer type audio effects. I may be one of a million people asking this, but where ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify connect

Dear all,Starting from current release spotify is not able to see my Pioneer Speaker.The trouble appears with two different devices.Till this version the spotify connect worked fine.ThanksRoberto

• Roadie
  • Dear all, Starting from current release spotify is not able to see my Pioneer Speaker. The trouble appears with two different devices. Till this version the spotify connect worked fine. Thank...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Bitrate

I use the Normal bitrate of 96kbps for streaming, but it still uses more data than I would like since I am on a limited data plan. Does anyone know if Spotfiy will ever have an option for streaming quality less than 96kbps? I know the sound quality w...

• Music Fan
  • I use the Normal bitrate of 96kbps for streaming, but it still uses more data than I would like since I am on a limited data plan.  Does anyone know if Spotfiy will ever have an option for strea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes