Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify starts playing a track and then goes plays without sound after only 2 seconds

spotify starts playing a track and then goes plays without sound after only 2 seconds

This error occurs on my Samsung galaxy S4. 

5 Replies

Hi, What version of spotify are you using?

• Does this happen with any track, both streamed and downloaded content?
  • Does the play bar still move as if it was playing?
  • Does the built-in music app work correctly?
  • Does it also do this when listening through the built-in speaker?

This also seems to be happening to me on both iOS and the OSX desktop application.  All songs seem to play just fine except when I try and play songs from Pentatonix.

The sound stops after 2 seconds but the bar will go in a loop... sometimes it gets to 5 seconds and then jumps back to 3 and then up to 5 and then jumps back to 2.

Hi. I just tried a few random tracks and they play fine but, if you could be a bit more specific about the tracks which do this, I'll check them out. Could you pop them in a new playlist, make the playlist public and post a link to it here (right click playlist name > copy spotify URI).

EDIT: If you don't have access to a PC, you can get the playlist URI from the context menu > share to gmail which will give you the link.

Hi - sorry this took so long. Here is a copy of the Spotify URI

Pentatonix - PTX, Vol. 1

Thanks 🙂

They all seem to play fine for me on my android so I'm thinking that there may be something not quite right with the cache. Could you try clearing it from the bottom of the spotify settings screen and see how it goes? 

Suggested posts