Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle App - Way to see additional album releases?

I was listening to a particular album on Spotify and noticed it was censored. I know on the desktop version you can see other releases of the album and switch to one that has not cut explicit lyrics. How do I do that on the Kindle app? I see no way o...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to a particular album on Spotify and noticed it was censored. I know on the desktop version you can see other releases of the album and switch to one that has not cut explicit lyrics....
  • jenniebeme
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on 4.2.2 - Stack Trace

So, I posted in the Play Store about my app crashes and even with the latest update, I'm still having the same crashes. So I got a stack trace for the Spotify devs.

Image1 Image2 Image3
  • Casual Listener
  • So, I posted in the Play Store about my app crashes and even with the latest update, I'm still having the same crashes. So I got a stack trace for the Spotify devs.     &nbs...
  • JayWhite
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resetting password issues

Hey guys , I'm trying to log back in to my spotify account because I had to reset it....only problem is, I have no clue what my account info is. I was able to figure out my username, but then realized that they sent the password reset to my old email...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys , I'm trying to log back in to my spotify account because I had to reset it....only problem is, I have no clue what my account info is. I was able to figure out my username, but then realiz...
  • rrmorse
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs download the rest say loading

The songs that are all showing loading on my Samsung Galaxy SIII are from my iTunes library and since then I've had to get another computer. In the meantime iTunes lost my playlists or something because they are gone except for a few. So how do I get...

• The songs that are all showing loading on my Samsung Galaxy SIII are from my iTunes library and since then I've had to get another computer.  In the meantime iTunes lost my playlists or somethin...
  • Musical4Ever
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG REPORT : Unexpected "no space left on this device" error message

Device : Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) SD Card : 32Gb Class 10 Android version : 4.3 - N7100XXUEML3 Spotify version : 0.7.5.698 Internal storage : 9,63Gb/10,44Gb used SD Card storage : 15,0/29,71GB used Action : request for synching 2 playslits offline (...

• Music Fan
  • Device : Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) SD Card : 32Gb Class 10 Android version : 4.3 - N7100XXUEML3 Spotify version : 0.7.5.698   Internal storage : 9,63Gb/10,44Gb used SD Card storage :...
  • ant1
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Replays same track after returning to same playlist

Hello, When I listen to a playlist (i.e. playing an album from a search of an artist), I stop some track in the middle and reopens spotify another time (sometime a few hours, something the next day). I press play to play the track I stopped in the mi...

• Hello,   When I listen to a playlist (i.e. playing an album from a search of an artist), I stop some track in the middle and reopens spotify another time (sometime a few hours, somethin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline folder deleted

Hello i am from germany so sorry for my bad 30 before, i updated a playlist on my computer and after that i wanted to hear the playlist on my mobile phone. But when i opened spotify i had to login and all my playlist were deleted. What could i do to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i am from germany so sorry for my bad 🙂 30 before, i updated a playlist on my computer and after that i wanted to hear the playlist on my mobile phone. But when i opened spotify i had to l...
  • shizwipe
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify offline folder deleted
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Predictive Text or search suggestions

I have a Galaxy S4, does Spotify have predictive text or search suggestions? I have trying Beats music lately and its really handy.

• Regular
  • I have a Galaxy S4, does Spotify have predictive text or search suggestions? I have trying Beats music lately and its really handy. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Over 3G when disabled in App

Hi, I've just got a Nexus 5 with KitKat 4 and this morning kicked quite a few playlist downloads off while on my home WiFi so I could listen to them at work. I had the app set to not down load over 3G so thought that once I'd leave the house it would...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've just got a Nexus 5 with KitKat 4 and this morning kicked quite a few playlist downloads off while on my home WiFi so I could listen to them at work. I had the app set to not down ...
  • timetoshine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Spotify Mobile] [Android] [Premium] How can I see all downloaded songs on my device?

Hi, can you implement a function for the mobile app where you can see all songs that you downloaded (offline mode) on your device without having to go through every single offline playlists. It should be like a local (mobile device's) spotify library...

• Hi, can you implement a function for the mobile app where you can see all songs that you downloaded (offline mode) on your device without having to go through every single offline playlists. It sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet connection lost - keeps happening

Hi, I live in Norway with a Telenor- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active cell phone. I am a spotify premium user and even though I am connected to my 4G/3G mobile network spotify loses connection after a (really) short while. This has been going on for a very l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I live in Norway with a Telenor- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active cell phone. I am a spotify premium user and even though I am connected to my 4G/3G mobile network spotify loses connection after a (r...
  • NichoV
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders appear at the bottom of the list

Hi, Thanks for the update with playlist folder support. However, since playlist folders cannot be 'downloaded', they appear all of the way at the bottom of the screen after the list of downloaded playlists. I don't really have a use for separating th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Thanks for the update with playlist folder support. However, since playlist folders cannot be 'downloaded', they appear all of the way at the bottom of the screen after the list of dow...
  • Sybar
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! *confused* two different Spotify's, but same version and android!

Hey, I'm Spotify premium member more than a year and I would like to keep it that way but... Briefly: A friend of mine and I have same spotify version (0.7.6.344) and same android version (4.3), but still different features and style! Why? I have a S...

• Visitor
  • Hey, I'm Spotify premium member more than a year and I would like to keep it that way but...   Briefly: A friend of mine and I have same spotify version (0.7.6.344) and same android...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is this Normal

I am new to Spotify from MOG and have questions regarding the normal operation of the Android App. For reference I do have the Premium subscription. Playlist Playback: Is default order playback possible instead of Shuffle playback? Sometimes I dont m...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to Spotify from MOG and have questions regarding the normal operation of the Android App.  For reference I do have the Premium subscription.   Playlist Playback:  Is defau...
  • jibeason
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlist Folder

Hello everyone, is it somehow possible to create playlist folders for offline playlist? Another question: I don't really get it with making a playlist available for offline mode and synchronising. If I am in the same wlan with my mobile phone and the...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,   is it somehow possible to create playlist folders for offline playlist?    Another question: I don't really get it with making a playlist available for offlin...
  • madmaxlax
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android App, co-exist with others?

Is there any obvious reason why the Android App will not happily co-exist with other music streaming services?

• Regular
  • Is there any obvious reason why the Android App will not happily co-exist with other music streaming services?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

app crashes when going on my playlists

Hi I've had this app for a few months now and it worked with no problems but since two weeks ago as soon as I go on one of my playlists or tap to add something to it the whole app crashes and I can't get on it anymore forcing me to uninstall it and r...

• Hi I've had this app for a few months now and it worked with no problems but since two weeks ago as soon as I go on one of my playlists or tap to add something to it the whole app crashes and I can't...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing a song imported from iTunes.

I bought a song not available on Spotify on iTunes. (Beyonce's "Pretty Hurts.) I imported to Spotify. I can play the song on my lap top. I included the song in a new mix. I downloaded the mix to my Android. It won't play on my Android. It says the so...

• Regular
  • I bought a song not available on Spotify on iTunes. (Beyonce's "Pretty Hurts.)   I imported to Spotify.   I can play the song on my lap top.   I included the song in a new ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with external SD card

I think this issue is taking too much time to get addressed. I have: - Removed the cache - Removed the application - Removed the battery - Format the SD card - Re-install Spotify But the latest version does not want to detect my external 32gb SD card...

• Regular
  • I think this issue is taking too much time to get addressed. I have:   - Removed the cache - Removed the application - Removed the battery - Format the SD card - Re-install Spotify ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

songs randomly pause, offline and online mode.

Constantly random pausing while playing, even when screen is on. Also on offline mode so it's not like there's another user on my account as others have stated.This happens while streaming in radio or albums or in offline playlist aswells. In additio...

• Casual Listener
  • Constantly random pausing while playing, even when screen is on. Also on offline mode so it's not like there's another user on my account as others have stated. This happens while streaming in ra...
  • antics7
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes