I recently updated to KitKat 4.4.2 after the update Spotify random starts playing even though no action has been taken. I have tried unistalling/reinstalling spotify, going to offline mode, and nothing works. The battery drain is significant and there is no indication when or why the app just starts playing.
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
Thanks in advance for you help.
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter
Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014
If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!
Thanks for the quick reply, I have verified it is not Spotify connect. I was able to reproduce the problem, it appears to be related to bluetooth connections. Here's the series of events:
1. listened to Spotify streaming (online mode)
2. got in the car BT connected while still playing
3. Stopped the current track, used the back button to go all the way back to the homepage.
4. Turned car off, BT disconnected, Spotify started back up.
5. Stopped track, backed all the way out to the home screen.
6. Got back in car, BT connected, Spotify started up again right were it left off.
Appears the BT is triggering Spotify and Spotify is not fully exiting as it should.
Let me know if that helps or if you need additional information.
Was there any fix found for this. I use my bluetooth throughout the day for calls and it is continually autostarting the app when I end the call from my headset.
Hey there you, Yeah, you! 😁 Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community! While you here, let's have a fun game…