Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists don't sync between devices

I run Spotify on OS X 10.9 and Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 4.3). One of the playlists updated on OS X is not syncing to Galaxy S4. The tracks are not even appearing on the playlist. I've tried clearing cache and restarting the device. This is very fru...

• Music Fan
  • I run Spotify on OS X 10.9 and Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 4.3).   One of the playlists updated on OS X is not syncing to Galaxy S4. The tracks are not even appearing on the playlist. I've tr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading Artist or Album or playlists on Samsung Tab 3

My rooted Samsung Galaxy. Tab 3 with Spotify V 0.7.6.357 won't load artist pages, album pages or playlists, really limiting the apps functionality. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. Tried reinstall and clearing cache, anything i could t...

• Casual Listener
  • My rooted Samsung Galaxy. Tab 3 with Spotify V 0.7.6.357 won't load artist pages, album pages or playlists, really limiting the apps functionality. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. Tri...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

adding album to playlist?

Did the add album to playlist feature go away or am I missing something. I used to add a whole album to a genre playlist and now I only seem to be able to add one song at a time. I'm on a galaxy s4.

• Casual Listener
  • Did the add album to playlist feature go away or am I missing something. I used to add a whole album to a genre playlist and now I only seem to be able to add one song at a time. I'm on a galaxy s4.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium account on two phones parallel

Hi, I want to use my Premium Account on two different Samsung phones. But when I start streaming music on one phone of them, it's starting on the other one automatically in the backround and is using the datavolume of both phones. Is that normal or c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I want to use my Premium Account on two different Samsung phones. But when I start streaming music on one phone of them, it's starting on the other one automatically in the backround and is usi...
  • Olfer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Same thing

Mines doing the same thing! Won't let me click on a specific song to play it!

• Mines doing the same thing! Won't let me click on a specific song to play it!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

redownloading every time i turn my phone off and on again.

Every time my phone dies or I turn it off and back on all of my music has to redownload causing my data usage to go through the roof. I pay for premium so why does this happen?

• Visitor
  • Every time my phone dies or I turn it off and back on all of my music has to redownload causing my data usage to go through the roof. I pay for premium so why does this happen?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! music from sd card

Is it possible to transfer music already on my phone to my spotify premium to save me downloading them all again Am using Sony z1 Any help would be much appreciated stopped using spotify for this reason but have got free so want to use again

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to transfer music already on my phone to my spotify premium to save me downloading them all again Am using Sony z1 Any help would be much appreciated stopped using spotify for this...
  • greeny1972
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

system freezes then resets.

Description Please describe the problem While playing music, when i try to skip songs, my Spotify will freeze and become completely unresponsive. Phone will then freeze, and then reset itself. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? Ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Please describe the problem While playing music, when i try to skip songs, my Spotify will freeze and become completely unresponsive. Phone will then freeze, and then reset itself.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting downloaded songs

Hi, I have an LG g2 Sprint phone I have a about 1,000 songs downloaded and I do not have enough phone Internet to stream music constantly. For some reason about once a month Spotify decides to delete all my downloaded PLAYLISTS and it is very annoyin...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,    I have an LG g2 Sprint phone I have a about 1,000 songs downloaded and I do not have enough phone Internet to stream music constantly.    For some reason about once...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happens if I downgrade Spotify with songs downloaded to my phone already?

If I downgrade my premium Spotify to the unpaid version, what will happen to the songs I've downloaded? Will they just become unavailable when I'm offline?

• Casual Listener
  • If I downgrade my premium Spotify to the unpaid version, what will happen to the songs I've downloaded? Will they just become unavailable when I'm offline?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app problem?

I listened to an ad on Spotify on my computer saying that Spotify for your mobile app was now completely free and said "No more free trials", it said to update to the latest version and I can listen to music for free. I updated to the newest version,...

• Casual Listener
  • I listened to an ad on Spotify on my computer saying that Spotify for your mobile app was now completely free and said "No more free trials", it said to update to the latest version and I can listen ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't have tablet features in my tablet!

Hello.I've read that spotify for tablets has almost the same features than at the PC (with free account). However, I installed spotify in my tablet (Chinese model, android 4.0 and 7 inches ) and I can only do the same as spotify for android mobile ph...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I've read that spotify for tablets has almost the same features than at the PC (with free account). However, I installed spotify in my tablet (Chinese model, android 4.0 and 7 inches ) and I ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not seeing Pionner a1

Im trying to stream from my LG G2 to my Pioneer A1 wireless speaker through spotify connect but for some reason the speaker does not show up under spotify connect. I can see the speaker under upnp devices on my windows desktop and I made sure upnp wa...

• Im trying to stream from my LG G2 to my Pioneer A1 wireless speaker through spotify connect but for some reason the speaker does not show up under spotify connect. I can see the speaker under upnp de...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Roll-out connect functionality?

As I understood the roll-out of the connect functionality will be gradually. Can anybody tell me how far this is and when it should be rolled-out to everybody? I still don't have the connect functionality, and I'm dying to get it! I have the latest v...

• Music Fan
  • As I understood the roll-out of the connect functionality will be gradually. Can anybody tell me how far this is and when it should be rolled-out to everybody? I still don't have the connect fu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect roll-out available
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

The Track is Not Available, help?

Hi, So I've been a Spotify Premium user for probably over a year now, with a valid, unexpired debit card paying the subscription fee monthly. I've never had a problem with the Spotify Android app, but recently, ever since I reinstalled the app, I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, So I've been a Spotify Premium user for probably over a year now, with a valid, unexpired debit card paying the subscription fee monthly. I've never had a problem with the Spotify Android app...
  • kristennc
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Track Not Available Error

Thanks for looking at my post... Alright, here is my issue. I have an HTC OneX phone running android. I have been a premium member for over a year if not two. My subscription is current. I only download tracks over wifi unless I am streaming a track ...

• Visitor
  • Thanks for looking at my post...   Alright, here is my issue.  I have an HTC OneX phone running android.  I have been a premium member for over a year if not two.  My subscrip...
  • kristennc
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android sound quality differs between local and downloaded music

I switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a few months ago and have since been generally pleased with my sound quality through my headphones. However, and I noticed this on my last phone too, the overall volume seems to be quieter and some of the levels ...

• Casual Listener
  • I switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a few months ago and have since been generally pleased with my sound quality through my headphones. However, and I noticed this on my last phone too, the overall...
  • JP0le
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG - missing play panel

About half the time after picking a song from a playlist, the panel showing the current track and play/pause doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen as it should. So there is no way to access the actual player screen.

• Music Fan
  • About half the time after picking a song from a playlist, the panel showing the current track and play/pause doesn't appear at the bottom of the screen as it should. So there is no way to access the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SD Card Unexpected Unmounting Issue.

I have seen posts about other android devices having issues with the SD card randomly unmounting. I have had this issue for a couple of months now and notcing that spotify was always up when I would get the message that the SD card was unexpectedly u...

• Casual Listener
  • I have seen posts about other android devices having issues with the SD card randomly unmounting.  I have had this issue for a couple of months now and notcing that spotify was always up when I ...
  • Foomanshu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes