Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs play without sound

Some songs play without sound

Hi all,

I'm pretty new with spotify and I'd like your help with a problem. My spotify android app wont play some songs... that is: it says it's playing, but there is no sound. When I try to pause, it just stops and goes back to the beginning. When I try to skip further into the track, the track restarts... but still no sound. I've tried rebooting my phone and cleaning all spotify data and redownloading the songs, but nothing helps. My pc, however, does play these song. Songs I'm having issues with are from Queens of the Stone Age and Blonde Redhead; it's always the same tracks which wont play.

I'm using the spotify app on a rooted Nexus 4, with a stock rom (latest version). Spotify app is updated aswell.

Any help would be appreciated!

Valentine

11 Replies

Are those tracks you have in the Local Files tab in your desktop Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think I have them as local files as well, but I selected them from the online Spotify library.

I have exactly the same issue. I have resolved it previously by deleting the cached folder for Spotify which I have on the SD card but the problem has re-appeared a few times now. The songs also play if they are not downloaded. As soon as I download them they stop playing again.

I have logged a support call with Spotify but have had nothing back. I was thinking it was maybe because I have reached the 3333 limit but as far as I can see I have around 2600 songs off-line.

I have an HTC Desire X so your handset isn't a factor.

Can someone please help with this? It's starting to make Spotify unusable. I'll have to go to Google Play instead 😞

Thanks

I'd try a different SD card or internal storage to see if your existing SD card isn't up to the job.

I changed the SD card. All songs started behaiving the same way, none would play sound.

I re-installed the app and now all songs do play. I'm not sure that this is a long term fix. I previously managed to get songs to work by deleting the off-line cached folder and re-installing spotify but I will keep everyone posted.

I'll wait for your news @huddlestond 🙂

I have had no further issues with sound since replacing the SD card and re-installing the app. Now I sometimes have to wait 10-20 seconds between songs for the next one to play, almost like i'm playing them on-line. The funny thing is that if I set spotify to off-line mode they work as normal!!!

Bad news i'm afraid. After a few weeks of being able to play all songs with sound, the problem has now re-occured. I added 4 new albums to a play list. 2 play without issue, 1 album plays okay apart from 1 track and 1 album doesn't play at all.

Has anyone used Google Play Music?

If you have the tracks which don't play in your local files, it's possibly an issue with the mp3s. Could you see if they play with the stock android music player?

Local files play fine. The problem is with spotify content only.

The issue only occurs when songs are downloaded.

I have been in touch with support and I have now removed all devices from my off line device list. I have uninstalled Spotify from my phone and re-installed it. I re-sync my music and everything seems fine. That is until I go to add additional songs to new or existing playlists. As before, they play with no sound and if I try to move to a certain pont in the track, the song starts again but still with no sound. I have around 2800 songs synced so I have not reached the 3333 limit. This is driving me crazy. I have to re-sync all 2800 songs every time I want to add songs 😞

Somebody please help or i'll have to ditch Spotify

Suggested posts