Can't like anymore song on my mobile

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm not able to had song to my liked title from my phone although my playlist has around 1000 title 

Moreover I can still like them from my pc wich had them to liked title but they still don't appear on my phone

Thank for your answeres

27 Replies

Hi,

I've already tried to log out all devices, clean cash and storage, uninstall, reinstall, restart the phone and login again... Still, the app doesn't work: the like button is grayed out, but not filled (I can't remember if it is as it used to be, when it was working: see screenshot attached), and the like option is not available in the contextual menu from the three dots on the right of the song title (see second screenshot). My phone is a Oneplus 7T Pro running Android 11 (no SD), and the app is the beta current version 8.7.36.890: might it be a bug of the beta version (it's been 2 or 3 updates now)?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: apparently the problem was indeed the beta version, and was solved today with version 8.7.36.905

Screenshot_20220531-224113.jpg

Screenshot_20220531-224640.jpg

I have tried everything in this thread, I havent got an sd card and it still wont let me like songs. I have to like all the songs in an album just to be able to add a song to my liked list.

I have a Samsung A71 2021

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the posts.

@AlePico glad to hear that the latest update to the live version solved the issue for your.

@Supahswag123, can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far and what app version you're running?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, im having this too. i click the heart button under a song while it's playing and nothing happens, it's not added to my "liked music". When i unlike an already liked song i can't re-like it.

Hi there @officialstartpot,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread. We're sorry to hear this. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us what troubleshooting you've done that's been provided in this thread so that we don't repeat anything that you've already done?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’ve taken all the steps given yet still can’t like any songs on my iPhone13. Any suggestions?

Hi there @Emkat1999,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you can't like songs on your phone. Can you tell us what troubleshooting you've gone through already, so we don't repeat ourselves. 

It's also a good idea to tell us what happens when you hit the Like button on a song - do you get some sort of error message or just nothing happens. Does this happen only on your phone?

The more info we've got the better solutions we can offer 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Now that's interesting, did some testing now, did fiddling with the steps to see where I will encounter an issue. It seems I broke the app in new different ways and managed to fix it at later steps.

So I had yet to follow all the troubleshooting steps noted here (done steps of: removal of APP from phone, removal of cashe from phone memory and SD card and then clean reinstall didn't help so far) but for me when I try (tried) to "like" song it simply is unresponsive. Another symptom is that I also can't turn off "Enhanced" feature on my Liked Songs playlist (screen shows message as it is turning off Enhanced playlist but nothing changes, noticed when it ate my bandwidth haha).

So now reading this thread I tried to do something different, I used option to log out my account from everywhere, log back into my phone, turn in Spotify APP "offline mode" on (offline) and off (online) because it foces download of my liked songs (also had problem with that). This didn't fix my "Enhanced" feature problem but did allow me to like songs again (somehow!).

So now I tried another thing, I just simply re-install app without doing any wipes, after fresh installation my "liked songs" don't have "enhanced" option, instead there is normal download all icon (down arrow in circle). All my liked songs (1819) are seen as not downloaded. After clicking it, it starts "working" (there is animation indicating it is working), on side of each song re-appears download icon status (gray or green) but none of these song's icons turns green yet.

Now I tried yet another thing because it got stuck there - I went into offline mode in spotify APP and then force stopped the app. Now I try to go back in, there is log-in window, I fill my log-in info and it won't log me in because "You're offline", soft locking out myself from the APP.

AND NOW reinstalling the APP (simple reinstall) after this soft lock allowed me to log-in back normally, my "liked songs" have TWO buttons, Enhanced and arrow in circle for download, all my songs have status icon (downloaded/not downloaded) and clicking "download" makes my phone download songs normally without doing the off/on-line in app trick and I can turn on and off enchanced view. This fix also stays when I restart my phone namely I have all UI elements (enhanced icon, download all icon and download status for each song) and each songs seems to be smoothly being re-downloaded (or rather status-checked as it only takes second for a song, it must been used the data from SD card).

It seems I didn't even notice some UI elements were missing in first place.

I hope my fiddling in different ways might help pinpoint the root of the problem.

Edit: I did some spelling and grammar corrections but there was technical error notification (haha!) posting here and it didn't post so I post this notepad copy because I don't feelng like re-reading it again haha.

Suggested posts