Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't like or unlike songs from my phone (android)

Can't like or unlike songs from my phone (android)

Plan

student premium

Country

Italy

Device

samsung a20

Operating System

android 9

My Question or Issue

I cannot like or unlike songs on my phone. I am able to do it from the desktop, but the two accounts are not synched up. I already tried logging out, resting the phone and then logging in, also cleared the cache and data, but it still doesn't work.

What can I do to fix this?

3 Replies

Hey there @Asri13

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of both the mobile and the desktop apps to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you check if the OS of your phone is up to date? 

Lastly, does the same happen while using a different internet connection?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It still doesn't work. Apparently, it works if I log in from other devices,
but not from my phone.
I also updated the os, but still nothing.

Hey @Asri13,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, is this happening if you open a different account on the affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can create a free test account to check if you find this behavior there as well. 

On another note, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you are running on the affected device? Meanwhile, we'd suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

Lastly, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts