Premium

Country

France

Device

Honor 5X

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In the Android app, the UI in my Library changed, and now I only have access to Playlists / Artists / Albums, and a Podcasts tab. I used to have access to all of the songs I have saved in my library, and usually started the play playing all of those in shuffle, but now I can't. I still can see all the 300+ albums I have saved though, but I just want to play everything randomly.

I noticed I have now a "Songs liked" playlist, but it only contains the song I hearted, a feature that is only available on songs played through the playlists automatically generated by Spotify (Daily Mixes and stuff).

Even on the Windows app, where I still have the "Songs" tab in my Library, if I start playing a song from there, it usually put all of my saved songs on the waiting list, but not anymore. I have to start playing with the web player, which is right now the only way for me to correctly play all of my saved songs. That's a bummer.

9 Replies

Hello ? 

Hey @Dehell.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The Songs section is still available on Desktop. On mobile however, all songs are in the Playlist you already found called Liked Songs. Liking music and saving music to your library has been merged for simplicity.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi,
The thing is, the playlist "Liked songs" does not contain all of my
library, but only the songs I "liked", which I can only do when I listen to
radios or Daily Mixes. I have more than 400 albums saved in my library but
my "Liked songs" playlist contains 147 songs

I'm also having this issue. Previously, Liked and Saved music all showed up. Now it is only Liked music. In addition, I can't see anyway to "like" music any more in either mobile or desktop. If I save an album on mobil, the ablum apears in my songs list on desktop, but will only show up under Albums on mobile. I tried to refresh it by removing all saved music on desktop, and readding it, but since there is no way to "like" anything, I now have now way to play music on mobile, except by individual album. This is especially furstrating because I'm paying for premium, just to listen to CDs basically. 

Hey again @Dehell,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Keep in mind that any saved album should now appear in the Albums tab. However, its tracks will not appear in your Liked Songs playlist. This would explain why you're seeing less tracks than before. 

In this case, we'd recommend making sure to save the songs you want to keep from Albums you've saved. This way, they should appear in your Liked Songs playlist.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I'm not sure if others are experiencing this, but the only way I have found
now to add songs to the Liked Songs playlist is to first, unsave the album,
then add each song individually. To rebuild an entire music library this
way, especially when that library is sitting right there already, is going
to be extremely time consuming, and really not worth the effort. All the
feedback I've gotten about this is that the new UI is working as intended,
which is really too bad. I hope they change this at some point because it
was fine the way it was before, and this change has just made the app too
obnoxious to use.

Si basically you're recommending me to rebuild my library track by track ? Why does it have to be so frustrating to just want to shuffle your whole library ? I mean, it seems like a no brainier to be able to do that, it's kind of the point of having a library in the first place.

Because of the slow roll out there hasn't been a big stink about this.  I had this update about a month ago and have since cancelled my paid description.  There is no way to look at everything you have for an artist.  All like songs are in the liked songs playlist and save albums are in the albums area.  There is no overlap anymore.   This update is designed to cause users to follow artists.  Now you don't download stuff from an artist to have them show up, Now you must follow the artists.  Terrible update...  Could have just made it so downloading anything from an Artist automatically makes you follow them...

Artist tab UI.jpg

How can you tell your users, "Sorry you liked it before where you had to do less, in order to make things easier we gave YOU more steps..." ?  How is that make sense at all?  

Suggested posts