Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play local files on my Android phone

Can't play local files on my Android phone

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Hello!
I have a prob with all of my local files in my playlists, as they can't be played on my phone (they are all greyed out). Everything works perfectly fine on my laptop tho. As far as I remember, I didn't make any changes in settings lately (neither the phone, nor Spotify) . So what I tried so far was: to remove all of my local files from my playlists, I put the songs in a different folder, linked them to Spotify again, I also re-installed Spotify app on my phone...and unfortunately no change.
I'd be grateful for an advice! Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey @xmaroolax, help's here.

It sounds like you've already tried a couple of things. Can you also try the following:

• Restart both devices.
  • Make sure both devices are on the same Wifi network. If possible, using a mobile hotspot to connect the devices.
  • Remove offline devices from your account page, and then reinstall the apps on both devices (you have to re-download any music you've downloaded for offline listening).

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes. Send screenshots if it didn't help. 

All the best!

Hi, Jemi.
Thank you for your response! I followed your suggestions, but unfortunatelly, it didn't work for me. I also connected both of the devices to a completely new network, trying to find out, if my "home" network isn't the issue, but looks like that's not it. Do you possibly have any other tips I could try? Thank you in advance!
Marie

Suggested posts