Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play song with google voice

Solved!

Can't play song with google voice

I cannot play a specific song with google voice anymore. I.e "play thunderstruck on spoitify" only opens the app not play the song. If I say play ACDC it will start to play their songs.... But cannot play specific songs like before.
33 Replies
Marked as solution

I have a support ticket in with Spotify. After poking them politely but firmly and sending the link to this thread, I got this back:

"Please be assure that your case was reported to our developers and that they're currently working on it. We can't provide an exact timeframe for this issue to be fixed, but we'll be sure to let you know as soon as there is an update."

I'm not naive enough to think this isn't a canned response, but it gives me a little hope. I sure would have liked to see something like, "We've replicated the inability to use 'play song by artist' with Google Now + Spotify and it's on our list of active bugs".

Marked as solution

I just asked her to "play itsy bitsy spider" and she just started playing "Smart Baby Lullaby without hesitation.  So this issue has been going on for months now and no resolution?

Not very encouraging.

Marked as solution

I spoke too soon. My issues continue. I'm wondering if I could cancel, and create a brand new account? 

Guess what.  SAME HERE.  

I uninstalled waited a while and reinstalled, logged in and said "Okay Google, play misfits by third eye blind" It said "okay" opened Spotify, found Misfits by Third Eye Blind and accutally played it.  

Halleluja right!

WRONG.  

It refused to do it again.  What a lark.

I'm still having this problem. Extremely annoying as I use this feature all the time.
Marked as solution

I went over to Google play, it works 95% of the time.  Better than 0% I guess.  Plus they have a family plan for all 3 of us for $15 which is $5 each instead of $10.

This *may* have been fixed with a recent Google App update. 

Google App: 6.9.36.18

Spotify: 7.1.0.1025

As of the latest Google App update, I am able to use "OK Google --> Play [song] by artist [artist]" with the same regularity and accuracy that was present a number of months ago. 

I would love to hear if others are having the same experience.

Let me know of any word on this, my google play is up for a renewal.

Guys. GUYS. I think they fixed it. Works 100% of the time. Although a little buggy when it does the search, it works. Hallelujah!

Thanks tons for the knowledge Ill go back after my GP sub is up.

Yes... I am not ready to say it is totally fixed, but I did some testing yesterday and it seems to mostly be working. Fingers crossed. I can't point to which specific update did it, but something changed. (Android Nexus 6p)

For me does not work on 6P (Android 7.1.1) and Spotify 7.2.0.1250.

I have the same problem on OnePlus 3T with the lastest version for Google and Spotify. Any ideas?

I can play playlists and artists but not a specific song, it just opens Spotify (not even search for the requested song).

Suggested posts