Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play specific songs on my new google home

Can't play specific songs on my new google home

Hi, Trying to set up Google Home to play Spotify Free. On my home computer, I can pick individual artists and songs to play. I can also do this on my ipad. But... I selected Spotify as the default music player in the Home app, and logged in to my Spotify account. When I say 'Hey Google, play [some song] by [some artist],' it tells me that choosing songs is only available to premium subscribers. Is this true, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Charlie
1 Reply

I read it from a member and it worked!!

"It would not play specific requests because it said I didn't have a Premium account.  (This is because when I first got my Google Home Smart Speaker I didn't have a Spotify Premium Account.)  Here's step by step what you do to fix it if you have signed up for Spotify Premium: 

- Open Google Home app

- Click the "menu bars" in the top left-hand corner

- Click on account preferences

- Click on manage connected accounts at the bottom

- This will show Spotify but NOT Spotify Premium

- Click unlink

- Go back to manage connected accounts

- Click link and select Spotify Premium enter user and password

- Exit and wait about 30 secs before asking your Google In home to play a song OF YOUR CHOOSING

This worked!  I hope this helps those who set up their Google In Home without first having Spotify Premium but subsequently signed up ... it requires a manual de-link and then re-link as described in the steps above.  K Dietrich  Placentia, CA " 

Suggested posts