Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove songs from a saved album

Can't remove songs from a saved album

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Since the new update I can't remove songs I don't like/don't want to download from an album.

Before this baffling update, if I didnt want to download certain songs from an album, like instrumentals or outtakes or alternate takes, I could simply remove them from my library and download the album and Spotify would only download the songs I saved. Now, I can't do this and it also saved and downloaded back all the tracks that I had previously removed.

I don't understand why the Spotify staff keeps removing nice and functional features 

4 Replies

I just noticed that. Could anyone from Spotify comment on this?

They sadly deleted that function and trust me we aren't the only ones disappointed about this decision.

Hey all,

Thanks for asking about this.

What you currently can do is:

1. Copy all the songs from the saved album on a Desktop device: click on a song and press Ctrl + A simultaneuously.
2. Paste them in a newly created playlist of yours: right mouse klick > Add to playlist > New Playlist
3. Delete all the songs you don't want.
4. Download the playlist.

Hope this helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Why was the very functional change made and (based on your advice above) replaced by a less functional work-around? If I "download" an album, and want to delete ONE song from the download, why make it so hard?? What if I don’t want to create Individual playlists for individual albums?

Suggested posts