Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Delays Launch from Locked Screen

Spotify Delays Launch from Locked Screen

When using google voice assistant to play a song while the phone is locked, there is a significant delay between when my command is accepted and when the song starts playing. Either the app will launch and immediatly pause the song and then restart after a few seconds, or it won't launch until anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds go by. I've attempted to uninstall/reinstall the app, restart the phone, reset permissions and notifications. None of these have resolved the issue.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 7T

Operating System

Android 10

App version 8.5.29.828

Oxygen OS 10.0.4

4 Replies

Hey, @croth87 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Considering you've already tried some tips, I recommend that you attempt these actions to see if it solve the issue:

Go to your device's Settings and clear the data there: 

• Settings > Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear data.

Check if Spotify is not selected for battery optimization:

• Mobile settings >  Apps > Spotify > Battery > Optimize battery usage > select top All (not optimized for apps) > Spotify > disable.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the suggestion. Neither of these solved the issue.

Hey again, @croth87 

Just a few questions, to improve our troubleshooting recommendations: 

Are you trying to play a song on that same device using your Google Assistant?

And do you have any speaker that is linked to your Spotify Connect when you try to listen to your songs?

Also, any other information that you can provide would be very helpful for me.

And finally, could you try to play any song using another internet connection? Just to check if it is a connection issue...

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I'm having EXACTLY the same issue here. Whenever I use Google voice assistant to play, the song starts and gets paused right away, and then it takes about 5-10 seconds to restart playing.
I have cleaned the cached data, disabled battery optimization, but it still happens.
When playing songs directly on the device, it works normally.
There are no other devices active on Spotify Connect when it happens, just the regular phone speakers.
Using a Samsung Galaxy S8, the last version of the Spotify app is installed.

Suggested posts