Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't scroll Liked Songs filters

Can't scroll Liked Songs filters

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When I go to my Liked Songs playlist I cannot scroll the filters to see the other filters in the list. I can pick a filter, but only the ones that are visible. I can't scroll to pick the filters to the right. 

20 Replies

Hey there @jaydee77ca

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording where we can see the issue happening? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to a different platform and send us the link to it.

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am also having this exact same issue.

I have both uninstalled and cleared the cache but no solution.

edit:

Through the same device, I logged in to another account and the Liked Songs filtering worked on there. I'm guessing the bug of it not scrolling is tied to the account as it still does not scroll through the filters for my account.

edit2:

I logged in to my account from a different phone and it was working there. No idea.

I'm having the same exact issue and I even did a clean reinstall and nothing 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

We couldn't replicate this on our end. In this case, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. We'll take a closer look.

Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

Lastly, we'd like to know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This continues to be a problem.   I have the same issue.  A clean install did not fix.  The filter keywords are present on the liked songs screen, but do not scroll so I can only see five.  If I switch to landscape view I can see seven, but they still do not scroll.

Hey @9Jason71,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

To continue investigating your case, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to have a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The video seems like it would be unhelpful as it will show a static screen where the keywords do not scroll (and nothing more).

There has been a development though.  My OS upgrade yesterday to Android version 13.  Today I noticed when I am in portrait mode I can move the keywords.  There are only six and more do not appear (I have about 1600 songs in my liked file so would possibly expect to have more keywords).  In landscape mode it does not scroll and I can see the edge of a seventh keyword bubble.

I'm using a Galaxy S22, Android version 13, Spotify 8.7.76.359

Hey @9Jason71,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to highlight that a video will help us to visualize the behavior you're describing and its recent developments 🙂 That's why it'd be awesome if you could send it, so we can continue investigating further. You can attach the video recording in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. 

Lastly, we'd recommend you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account in the affected device; this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. Let us know if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Here you go.  Note the scrolling ends at six keywords when in portrait and doesn't scroll at all (but a seventh keyword seems partially visible) when in landscape.

Hey @9Jason71,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

The video was very helpful, we appreciate your cooperation. Currently our internal teams are taking a look at this issue. So in order to continue investigating it, we need to narrow down some more details that could be affecting the proper behavior of the genres.

Even though this feature is a test, it would be great if you could check if using a different device makes any difference. You can use an Android device from a friend or family member to test this with your own account. If the issue happens as well, let us know to add the info into the investigation.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

So I just noticed that scrolling started working for me again. I checked and my Spotify app is now version 8.7.78.381

This has broken again. I believe Spotify just updated the other day. I now have version 8.7.82.94.

Hey @jaydee77ca,

Thanks for your reply.

We've tested this on our end using the same app version, however we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please try running a clean reinstall and let us know if it helps?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

It took me a while to locate another Android phone with Spotify. The feature works on my account on another phone.  The phone was a Samsung S10.

FYI: THE FEATURE WORKS ON MY OWN PHONE NOW AFTER ME LOGGING INTO ANOTHER PHONE AND THEN BACK OUT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.  PREVIOUSLY I HAD DONE THIS ON AN APPLE PHONE AND DOING THAT DID NOT FIX MY PROBLEM.

This keeps happening to me too, it stops working for a few days nothing will work and then it just fixes its self (probably and update on spotify) 

Hey @eliána

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

If you haven't tried performing a clean reinstall of the app yet, we suggest that you do so by following the steps I sent previously. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

This is started happening to me about a month ago as well. I'm on a Google pixel 6 and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I'm able to produce this on two different phones. Both pixel 6s.

This is the only area where I can't scroll left to right within the Spotify app, but this is easy to produce at least on the two phones that I have to test it and super frustrating.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info you've provided.

The relevant team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. We don't have specific info on when it will be pushed, so we'd suggest simply ensuring your app is always up-to-date.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Same problem here. Same account tested: scrolling does work on an iphone, scrolling does not work on samsung

Suggested posts