Can't skip/pause/play music using Google and other issues

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung S20+ and S10e

Operating System

OneUI 3.0 (Android 11) and OneUI 2.5 (Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Was able to narrow down that after update 8.5.85.0, a few issues have occured with the way Spotify performs on Android devices. The major issue I've noticed is with Google Assistant if you ask to play music on Spotify, you can't use the media controls to pause/play or skip. This happens on all my BT devices and clearing Spotify's data and uninstalling the app doesn't help at all. The other issue is when you play music on Bluetooth and immediately turn off the connected device, music will suddenly play through the phone's speakers, instead of pausing like before.

As mentioned, I've tried everything and the fact the issues are fixed by downgrading to an old Spotify version tells me there is compatibility issues with the new versions as nothing else changed on the phone's I've tried.

Just wanted to let you know as a bug report and let me know if there is a better section for submitting bug reports. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The latest update to Spotify 8.6.0.830 fixed the issue!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @Andrw0830

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the multiple threads as hadn't heard back from my previous thread about the issue and couldn't find the thread you mentioned. Hopefully the team can find the issue affecting both problems I've mentioned
Marked as solution

The latest update to Spotify 8.6.0.830 fixed the issue!

The best solution for this problem is disabling the Google app and that's about it. I think Google is the one to blame right now. 

This issue still existent on my device. Newest version. The Google app is the one that fault. After disabling the app it fixed problem.

I'm on a s21 ultra, and Im on version 8.7.20.1261. I think I'm getting a similar issue. I will shuffle a playlist, but the bar at the bottom of the app that lets you pause/skip/previous and that shows what song is playing does not appear. Also, if I swipe down to show notifications, the Spotify pop up will either not be there or it will show the wrong song and say that it's already paused. The only way to pause my music is to close Spotify by swiping up on the page, and the issue is sometimes not fixed when I re-open the app.

Hi @Ashwc!

What you're describing seems related to this Ongoing Issue that our internal teams are currently investigating. If you haven't already, make sure to check it out and leave the requested details so we can forward them to the right folks. As soon as there are any updates on this, rest assured we'll keep you posted in the aforementioned thread.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts