Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cancel download

Cancel download

A download has been at 99% completed for over 3hrs. I can't see what is being downloaded and can't stop it.
4 Replies

Hey there, thanks for asking in the Community!

Since you are using an Android device, can you try force stopping the app once (head to your phone's settings > Apps > Spotify > Force stop)? Then you can re-open the app and let it finish the downloads.

Do you have any playlists or podcast set to auto-download? If there is a new episode or the playlist is updated, it starts downloading the new content to stay updated. Make sure to check that as well.

Let me know how that goes.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I contacted a Spotify adviser who sent me some instructions for a clean install. 1) Uninstall Spotify; 2) Restart my device; 3) Download the latest version.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485%5D...

This worked i.e stopped the stuck download but unfortunately deleted my downloaded playlists.โ˜น๏ธ.Maybe the Force Stop of the app would have worked.

Thanks for letting me know @Nige72. Glad the issue was resolved.  ๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŽต

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I started to download a playlist of more than 200 hours (Best stand-up comedy...)....but I wanted to cancel the download :

- The "Remove Download" on the playlist does not stop the download process

- It seems that no other solution is available...

Any solution?

Thanks.

Suggested posts