Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect to Google Home and Home Mini with Spotify 8.4.42.722 armV7

Solved!

Cannot connect to Google Home and Home Mini with Spotify 8.4.42.722 armV7

Out of sudden, probably since the latest Spotify Android app update, I cannot connect to my Google Home and Home Mini anymore.  When I tell it to connect, it says "Verbinden..." (Connecting) for some seconds, the music actually starts streaming on the Home but then Spotify thinks again it's playing on my Android phone.

The music still streams to the Home device but the Android app won't refresh the title and I can't control the Home device with it.

Last weekend, this has worked just fine.  The Home devices have the firmware version 1.30.111204, the Android Spotify app has version 8.4.42.722 armV7.

I can still stream to the Home devices using the Spotify Linux desktop app.  So I'd guess the problem is in the Android app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today it works again without issues. I didn't get an update or something, so I have no clue what exactly fixed it. Anyway, good that it works again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Another symptom is that my Android smartphone is listed as "Zurzeit nicht verfuegbar" (Currently not available) in the Spotify Linux desktop app although the computer and the phone are in the same WLAN.

Marked as solution

Today it works again without issues. I didn't get an update or something, so I have no clue what exactly fixed it. Anyway, good that it works again.

Suggested posts