Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find Local Files on Android

Cannot find Local Files on Android

hey everyone, I recently found out that I could sync files to my mobile devices via "Local FIles" and have set up my sources. However, when I try to find them no matter where I look I cant find them. Its not in my Playlists, or Songs. Someone please help as using spotifiy for all my music would be tramendous. 

I often switch moods between spotify and the music I listen to on SoundCloud so being able to do this will make me so happy. A deffinate one over Google Play Music xD

1 Reply

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

NOTE: The mobile app cannot detect or play files stored locally on your mobile device. You must sync them from a PC in order for them to show in app.

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts