Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login into spotify mobile through facebook.

Solved!

Cannot login into spotify mobile through facebook.

Hello, I've been struggling with this issue for the past two days and cannot seem to getting it resolved.  I recently got a new phone and wanted to install spotify on my phone. I try and login into facebook through the app but keep recieving the same error over and over.

The error is Webpage not availablle. The webpage might be temporarily down or may have been permanently moved to a new web address.  This is the link it provides me : fbconnect://success#access_tokenCAAAAKLSe4IIBACjO18dl2iWPPlfh1owJISe8jlmhriPpKkmbIW40FRnul7do4006tjkZBiwi7oR8wOfVMAMVEO139XKDnuS9UDYQYr

it continues to go for a while and at the end says Expires_in=0

I'm unsure to what this issue is and would be greatly appreciated if i could be helped.

I have done several full restorations of the application on my phone. I am a premium member and this is frusturating not being able to listen to music in my car and at the gym. If i could of setup a username and password would be a seemingly easy fix.

Thanks for the help.

Alec.

Edit: I am connected to WiFi, or 4g while attempting to login. Phone is the Droid Incredible, if that helps.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just remember the mobile apps don't support 4G, although I don't believe that is the issue here 🙂

This IS strange. Just wondering, do you have the facebook mobile app installed? If not, then please install it 🙂

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Edit: Just an addition. The Facebook app was installed, just had to be updated to the newest version.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Just remember the mobile apps don't support 4G, although I don't believe that is the issue here 🙂

This IS strange. Just wondering, do you have the facebook mobile app installed? If not, then please install it 🙂

Liam

I've seen a few similar reports of this. If you don't have the Facebook app installed, Liam's suggestion is worth a try. If you do have it installed, make sure it's updated to the latest version -- if it already is, reinstalling should hopefully fix this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

LiamW,

Thank you very much. I feel silly as this should of been the obvious answer, obviously not apparent to me, haha. I am very much appreciative of your help. I've been dealt a **bleep** in my armor as i'm an Aircraft Technician, and am accustom to troubleshooting and solving issues. My phone has been triumphant on this day, Anyways, Thanks again and for your hasty reponse.

Best Regards,

Alec

Marked as solution

Edit: Just an addition. The Facebook app was installed, just had to be updated to the newest version.

Brilliant, I had facebook installed on my Samsung II note, I uninstalled it and started over!  Low and behold, I have spotify back!  Than you.

Hi,

Thanks for this helpful post. I also needed to update the facebook app to the latest version in order to login to Spotify. Having that kind of hard coupling of two different apps is really crappy software design. I should've just created a spotify account and not linked to facebook in the first place... Is there anyway to change account login to using a spotify account? I don't want to be depending on facebook to use spotify?

If your account was created with a facebook login (your username here is a 10 digit number), you'll need to create a new account and get in touch with support for help in moving any subscription and playlists over.

If you have a spotify username, you can unlink from facebook following the first few steps in this FAQ.

Suggested posts