Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Sony Xperia XZ2

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

While playing music with WiFi or Data (usually connected to car or wireless speakers with Bluetooth), Spotify says I cannot search music or browse through artists/music because I'm offline (see attached screenshot). Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks.

Matias

Screenshot_20180819-222829.png
3 Replies

Hey @majestuoso, welcome to the community 🙂

Could you make sure offline mode is turned off:

1. Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Tap Playback.
  4. Switch off Offline.

Let me know how it goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the exact same problem. It has occurred while connected to my Bluetooth speaker and it happens when I'm using a physical connection via the headphone jack. It happens when I'm on Wi-Fi and when I'm using cellular data.

@Billy-J - The app setting for offline mode is already turned off when this happens. Turning it on and back off again has no effect. I have to force close the app and restart for it recognize the online mode.

Additionally, I have cleared my app cache, app data, and reinstalled the app. None of this helps. Only a force close fixes the issue.

I have attached screenshots with grayed out View Artist and View Album options, no search, and my current settings which shows I'm not in offline mode.

EDIT: I'm only uploading one screenshot because Spotify's **bleep** filter keeps rejecting my post.

Do you have any other suggestions?

United States

Premium subscriber

Google Pixel

Android 8.1.0

Screenshot_20180821-135202.png

Not sure why "s p a m" was censored from my post, but I wasn't swearing. 

Suggested posts