Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lyrics/beat changed in song

I listen to "The Race" by Tay-K a lot, and as of a week or so ago, the song on Spotify seemingly changed. The beat is somewhat different and there is no ad libs like "skrrt!" in the background. If you play Spotify's version alongside the Youtube vers...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to "The Race" by Tay-K a lot, and as of a week or so ago, the song on Spotify seemingly changed. The beat is somewhat different and there is no ad libs like "skrrt!" in the background. If yo...
  • otk3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use spotify without wifi but want to use my own mobile data only... Help

Just uploaded spotify on my Oppo A57 and can only use it on Wi-Fi but when I leave my house I want to be able to use my own mobile data but keeps telling me I have no internet connection but I have my own data and can't figure out how to use it with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just uploaded spotify on my Oppo A57 and can only use it on Wi-Fi but when I leave my house I want to be able to use my own mobile data but keeps telling me I have no internet connection but I have m...
  • Mel72
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline -

Hi - my message is " you are currently set to offline - go online to connect to spotify" but I can't login to do that . when I hit "connect' just comes up w same message.. how do I login if it keeps telling me I'm offline

• Hi - my message is " you are currently set to offline - go online to connect to spotify" but I can't login to do that . when I hit "connect' just comes up w same message.. how do  I login if it ...
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is only playing about 200 songs of 700

I've got a playlist with about 700 songs, but spotify's only playing about 200 of them. I'm playing in shuffle mode and the 200 songs are at a random position in the playlist, but everytime I start the playlist nearly the same about 200 songs are pla...

• I've got a playlist with about 700 songs, but spotify's only playing about 200 of them. I'm playing in shuffle mode and the 200 songs are at a random position in the playlist, but everytime I start t...
  • rooooyyg
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuck

Plies help me, because my music always stuck.

• Plies help me, because my music always stuck.
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desacordo no volume do som de uma faixa para outra

Boa tarde, Tenhou usado Spotity para fazer o som no local de trabalho, so que algumas faixas tem causado transtorno, pois tem um volume muito maior que as outras da playlist, outras tem o som muito baixo que nem fica possivel ouvir, exemplo as faixas...

• Boa tarde, Tenhou usado Spotity para fazer o som no local de trabalho, so que algumas faixas tem causado transtorno, pois tem um volume muito maior que as outras da playlist, outras tem o som muito b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with Spotify on Android phone

I have Spotify on my Computer and I can also use on my Ipad. However, although it is uploaded onto my Android phone (Motorola) although it looks like music is playing, there is no sound. However, the sound is coming out of my computer. How can I get ...

• I have Spotify on my Computer and I can also use on my Ipad.  However, although it is uploaded onto my Android phone (Motorola) although it looks like music is playing, there is no sound.  ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution mess of screens

every time I switch from one screen to another the Spotify bug.reopen the application resolves.My phone is Moto G5s Plus.I removed the Android navigation bar.Plix fix the bug.

• every time I switch from one screen to another the Spotify bug. reopen the application resolves. My phone is Moto G5s Plus. I removed the Android navigation bar. Plix fix the bug.
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pauses

In the last couple of weeks Spotify has been randomly pausing. It could be 2 minutes into a session, or up to an hour or so. 9 times out of 10 I can swipe down and press play on the notification, or if I'm using earbuds pressing play on the inline re...

• Casual Listener
  • In the last couple of weeks Spotify has been randomly pausing. It could be 2 minutes into a session, or up to an hour or so. 9 times out of 10 I can swipe down and press play on the notification, or ...
  • HunsletPirate
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify onnect Availability

My Onkyo TX-NR525 supports Spotify Connect. However, I cannot connect from any Android device in the house straight away. What I mean is that I first have to connect from my PC, that works fine, and then I see the Onkyo on our Android devices. How ca...

• My Onkyo TX-NR525 supports Spotify Connect. However, I cannot connect from any Android device in the house straight away. What I mean is that I first have to connect from my PC, that works fine, and ...
  • murpsel
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening History On Mobile Devices

Using the Android app. I tried the free version a while ago then left it. I came back to it recently and bought premium. However I have a load of music in my history I never played and it is stuff I hate. It is heavily influencing recommended songs e...

• Not applicable
  • Using the Android app. I tried the free version a while ago then left it. I came back to it recently and bought premium. However I have a load of music in my history I never played and it is stuff I ...
  • JimNagasawa
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't receive ANY notifications

Hi Community! I don't receive any Spotify notifications on my new Android phone (Pixel 2). The feature never worked so far, although notifications are turned on within the app settings as well as in the phone settings. Has anyone experienced the same...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Community!   I don't receive any Spotify notifications on my new Android phone (Pixel 2). The feature never worked so far, although notifications are turned on within the app settings as we...
  • teutoburger
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Chose where storage my music

Hey! Lately I been experimenting problems with my spotify app, and the problem is that I don't have any button to chose where my downloaded music goes as you can see in the picture, I have an micro Sd on my cellphone and i want to save all the music ...

• Hey! Lately I been experimenting problems with my spotify app, and the problem is that I don't have any button to chose where my downloaded music goes as you can see in the picture, I have an micro S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei mediapad t3 7-inch

I recently bought a 7-inch Huawei mediapad t3 tablet. I downloaded the app from the store, but it works like my device was a smartphone and not a tablet. How can I solve the problem? Thank you

• I recently bought a 7-inch Huawei mediapad t3 tablet. I downloaded the app from the store, but it works like my device was a smartphone and not a tablet. How can I solve the problem? Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Off line Playlists gone after phone turnoff

Hi, i have a motorola G3, i dont turn the phone off often only if it starts playing up, but if i do i have to download offline playlists again every time after switching it off, very annoying.should i have to do this ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have a motorola G3, i dont turn the phone off often only if it starts playing  up, but if i do i have to download offline playlists again every time after switching it off, very annoying. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking up so much space on my phone?

Within the Spotify app, I have all my music set to download to my SD card, so why is the app itself taking up over 3GB of internal storage? my phone only has 5GB of internal storage and I really need this for other things. Any ideas? Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • Within the Spotify app, I have all my music set to download to my SD card, so why is the app itself taking up over 3GB of internal storage? my phone only has 5GB of internal storage and I really need...
  • csassz88
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Premium offline - crashes when try adding songs to queue

Hello, Since a few weeks I've got the following problem: Whenever I'm in offline mode and try to add a song to another Playlist or to the queue, Spotify crashes and I have to restart. However this doesn't happen when I go online. Anyone knows how I c...

• Hello,  Since a few weeks I've got the following problem:   Whenever I'm in offline mode and try to add a song to another Playlist or to the queue, Spotify crashes and I have to restart....
  • amlana
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

How to listen to the original albums?

Remixes and the 'reimagined' albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ?

• Regular
  • Remixes and the 'reimagined'  albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes