Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the mobile app on Android?

Solved!

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the mobile app on Android?

hello,

Every time I try to open Spotify, it takes forever for the home screen to load, and if I try to load a song, it plays for a few seconds and then the app crashes. Every other app on my phone works fine so I know it's not just the phone. Anyone else getting this all of a sudden?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jaisonmiguek, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Im not able to share songs or playlists for some reason. I hit share, the app freezes up and kicks me out completely. Anyone else having this issue? I turned my phone off anf back on again as well as made sure my spotify app is updated. 

Hey everyone,

Let’s follow these steps: 

• Remove Registered Offline Devices
  • Switch device off/on
  • Do you get the same result on WiFi and mobile connection?

Let me know how this goes. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yup, the share problem is making the rounds on Android. There is a discussion on the forum dedicated to this problem. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Spotify-crashes-when-I-attempt-to-share-a-so...

The solution for the time being is to uninstall FB Messenger and roll back to a previous version of the app. Read through the comments and find the link. It worked for me. 

The problem appears to be with the latest update of messenger. If you don't want to roll back to a previous version of messenger, install messenger lite. There has been no problems with this app.

All the best,

-Ivan

@Billy-J wrote:

Hope you’re doing great!ShowBox

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these Nox

Keep me posted 🙂

thankyou so much

Suggested posts