Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes will only play once

Podcast episodes will only play once

Plan: Premium

Device: Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System: Android 8.1.0

Podcast episodes will only play once. As soon as an episode is finished playing it shows as played, and Spotify will skip past it when I try to play it again.

I've tried undownloading and redownloading the episodes, adding them to a new playlist, unfollowing the podcast, nothing works. I've looked through the settings to figure out if there's an option to skip played eps but can't see anything. I've tried clearing the cache, nothing.

This is really frustrating because if I get distracted while listening and the episode ends, I can't go back and hear what I missed. Please fix this, I don't pay premium rate just to hear things one time! Video shows what happens when clicking on a played episode - it just skips through until landing on an unstarted/unfinished one. 

2 Replies

Hey @sliiightly, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help out.

Did this start happening after an app update or OS update? Also, if you haven't already given it a go, try a quick reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply! I only noticed it happening when I got a new phone (switched from Samsung to Huawei so android) so maybe it's that. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and now if I select a played ep and IMMEDIATELY pause it at the very end it will let me skip back, but I have to be really quick. Ideally I would want it to re start an ep if it's been played through but I guess that isn't possible!

Suggested posts