Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to listen to the original albums?

Remixes and the 'reimagined' albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ?

• Regular
  • Remixes and the 'reimagined'  albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Devices not visible from Android

The Android phone is visible as a device from my desktop clients but the desktop clients are not visible on the phone unless I start listening to music on one of them. Then I can see the client and control it from the phone. But I can't initiate play...

• Roadie
  • The Android phone is visible as a device from my desktop clients but the desktop clients are not visible on the phone unless I start listening to music on one of them. Then I can see the client ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • devices missing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume reduces after a second of playback

When I play a track on Spotify, within a second of playback, the volume reduces from a clear, loud, crisp sound to a quieter, muffled, dull sound. This happens on any track I select and it also happen when playback occurs through my device speakers, ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a track on Spotify, within a second of playback, the volume reduces from a clear, loud, crisp sound to a quieter, muffled, dull sound. This happens on any track I select and it also happe...
  • diegomatallanae
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Mercedes C-Class (W205) - Track Info does not sync with phone (Redmi Note 4)

I have the above-mentioned problem. The music is streamed to the car audio via bluetooth. But, the track info does not display on the car display screen. It will only work when I restart the phone every time. I couldn't figure what caused the problem...

• I have the above-mentioned problem. The music is streamed to the car audio via bluetooth. But, the track info does not display on the car display screen. It will only work when I restart the phone ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • display
    Mercedes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue has Disappeared

The icon for the play queue has disappeared from Spotify on my Motorola Moto G4 Plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Can anyone suggest how I can restore the play queue icon?

• Casual Listener
  • The icon for the play queue has disappeared from Spotify on my Motorola Moto G4 Plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Can anyone suggest how I can restore the play queue icon?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play queue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to use my sd card as main storage

Hi everybody, I can't use my sd card to store my data from spotify (synchronized music mainly). I don't see the option on my apps in the parameter menu. My phone is a Huawei P10 Lite, and I have difficulties to set correctly my sd card as the main st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody,   I can't use my sd card to store my data from spotify (synchronized music mainly). I don't see the option on my apps in the parameter menu.   My phone is a Huawei P10 Lit...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing song from album

There is a missing song from this album https://open.spotify.com/album/0bnqHGVYetX6hFfBDn2wyO?si=QWgs0G4lSr-Y5CcMhPwLdg The song is "heartlight" I am a spotify customer from Chile

• Casual Listener
  • There is a missing song from this album   https://open.spotify.com/album/0bnqHGVYetX6hFfBDn2wyO?si=QWgs0G4lSr-Y5CcMhPwLdg   The song is "heartlight"  I am a spotify customer from ...
  • Mgamer
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Heartlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sync local files to Samsung phone

Hello!Previously I have been able to sync the local files I have on my desktop to my phone, but a while ago they unsynced and since then I have been unable to resync them. What happens when I make a playlist and download it on my phone is that it wil...

• Hello! Previously I have been able to sync the local files I have on my desktop to my phone, but a while ago they unsynced and since then I have been unable to resync them. What happens when I ...
  • Shah94
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'Click' ads on Spotify free

Perhaps this has been posted somewhere, but I keep running into click ads on the Free Android app. Super annoying because music stops and forces me to click to a website. I'm fine with the radio ads, that don't force stoppage. I've tried full reinsta...

• Perhaps this has been posted somewhere, but I keep running into click ads on the Free Android app. Super annoying because music stops and forces me to click to a website. I'm fine with the radio ads,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No pictures are showing

So. Today all of a sudden all the pictures on the Spotify app won't show, but last night they were working just fine. It was happening before the latest update. I updated and it still wasn't working. I have tried everything: Clean install, restart de...

• Regular
  • So. Today all of a sudden all the pictures on the Spotify app won't show, but last night they were working just fine. It was happening before the latest update. I updated and it still wasn't working....
  • WizardHoovy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Paguei o boleto e nao liberou o Premium

Ola..paguei o boleto semana passada e nao esta liberado o premium ainda. Recebi email q estaria tudo ok. Podem verificar?

• Ola..paguei o boleto semana passada e nao esta liberado o premium ainda. Recebi email q estaria tudo ok. Podem verificar?
  • jessicag13silva
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Metadata not displaying correctly in vehicle through Android Auto (phone).

The metadata for track and artist is not refreshing to the head unit in my vehicle when using Android Auto (phone). Outside of Android Auto it seems to work fine.Other music apps aren't having this issue.

• Casual Listener
  • The metadata for track and artist is not refreshing to the head unit in my vehicle when using Android Auto (phone). Outside of Android Auto it seems to work fine. Other music apps aren't having this...
  • rloveman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • android auto
    bluetooth
    bug
    Glitch
    metadata
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Problem with Spotify

Every time after I download the songs and close the application and open again it appears that the songs are not downloaded and I just downloaded all. Please, help me

• Every time after I download the songs and close the application and open again it appears that the songs are not downloaded and I just downloaded all. Please, help me 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio interface on playlists

Hi. This is hard to explain, so I could'nt google the solution. I've recently got a new phone (Moto E4, Android 7.1.1, Spotify 8.4.35.152 armV7) and I have Spotify premium, family plan. When I try to play one of my private playlists I get the radio i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. This is hard to explain, so I could'nt google the solution. I've recently got a new phone (Moto E4, Android 7.1.1, Spotify 8.4.35.152 armV7) and I have Spotify premium, family plan. When I try to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bugs
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

album art not displaying correctly

Hi allI am using android auto via Samsung galaxy s8 connected via usb to my Kia optima Sportwagon 2017. When running Spotify it cuts off the top part of the album art. Any ideas or suggestions to resolve this. Please see attachment.

• Hi all I am using android auto via Samsung galaxy s8 connected via usb to my Kia optima Sportwagon 2017. When running Spotify it cuts off the top part of the album art. Any ideas or suggestions to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play music folder

I dont found the option to play a folder.I can in desktop app but not in android.

• I dont found the option to play a folder. I can in desktop app but not in android.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting music

How do I delete all me music at once I want to start fresh 

• How do I delete all me music at once I want to start fresh  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford B-Max Sync and Spotify

I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in phone but only with car. Why???

• Regular
  • I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in...
  • Clabs1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble Playing any album or song

Hey yall. I downloaded Spotify on my Android yesterday and when I search a particular song / album on the search bar, it refuses to play at all. Screenshot below. Please help.

• Hey yall. I downloaded Spotify on my Android yesterday and when I search a particular song / album on the search bar, it refuses to play at all. Screenshot below. Please help.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why does Spotify play every search result?

When I search for a specific song, Spotify will play the song, and after, continue to play the rest of the search results, which is either different versions of the same song or songs that have similar names. Why? Why would anyone want that feature a...

• Casual Listener
  • When I search for a specific song, Spotify will play the song, and after, continue to play the rest of the search results, which is either different versions of the same song or songs that have simil...
  • Googi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes