Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share button no longer works on my android spotify app.

Solved!

Share button no longer works on my android spotify app.

Plan

Premium

Countrly

New Zealand 

Device

Sony Xperia 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

My share button no longer works. I press it and the options that used to pop up in a menu so I could choose which app I want to use to share like WhatsApp, email, Messenger etc no longer exists. Spotify just returns me to my song list or home screen. I share songs to friends via WhatsApp mostly and have just started getting this issue in the last week or so. HALP! 

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged in and out, rebooted phone, nothing works. Am I the only one with this issue? Spotify has always worked flawlessly on all my devices. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem with Nokia 7 Android 8.1
I solved by following the directions at this link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Spotify-crashes-when-I-attempt-to-share-a-so...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

HTC U11 unlocked.

Spotify 8.4.67.886

Same here, saw this tonight.

Looks like they rolled out a buggy release.

Yea kinda what I figured as it's only been like this for a week, hopefully
the spotify techs get wind of this and get a bug fix out soon ☺
Marked as solution

I had the same problem with Nokia 7 Android 8.1
I solved by following the directions at this link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Spotify-crashes-when-I-attempt-to-share-a-so...

Same problem on OnePlus 6! App exits when pressing Share for a playlist or song. 

Same result on OnePlus 6, sometimes it returns me to the screen sometimes it completely crashes.

Cheers mate, the uninstalling Facebook messenger and reinstalling messenger lite seems to have solve the issue.

Weird but it works.

Hope this helps others with the same issue  

Confirm that uninstalling Messenger 180.0.0.24.76 and reverting to stock allows Share panel to come up.

Reinstall Messenger 180.0.0.24.76 and problem reproduces.

Y'all should talk to Facebook.

Suggested posts