Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant login into spotify on Mobile

Cant login into spotify on Mobile

Since round about three days i cant login into my premium account anymore.

It doesnt matter if i try with my facebook account or with my spotifiy username + password.

It loads for a very long time telling me that the "Login is in Process", but nothing is happening.

After awhile of waiting, following notification comes up "A problem appeared. Please try again later."

Before that problem occured i was deinstalling and reinstalling spotifiy, cause it didnt wanted to play the music on it.

Also tried it with removed SD-Card and deleted cache and data-files.

I really dont know what causes this problem, also its the third time i reinstalled this app but it did not fix the issue at all.

I hope you guys can find out what the issue behind all that is.

5 Replies

Hi there, can you advise what device, Android and spotify version you are using please?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sure, its a Samsung J5, with Android Version 5.1.1. and Spotify Version 5.2.0.885.

Can you try another clean install please? But make sure to use the guide linked in my signature and make sure to check for and delete the folders as well as rebooting your device before re-installing

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I tried the following steps on your link...

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

3. Next; reboot your phone

4. When all folders are removed and the phone has rebooted go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Google Play Store link).

but still the same issue.

Also tried to reinstall Spotify without the SD-Card.

What else could i try ?

Okey,

i think i know now what the problem was caused by in my case.

I have a Surf Flat with around 500MB and a speed of 14Mbit/s.

However i have recently used up these 500MB in this month which caused the speed to be reduced to 64kbit/s.

This reduced speed seems to be not enough for Spotify to login by the looks of it.

My guess is, that its too slow and causes it too timeout.

Because when i connect my Smartphone to my Router, which has a constant fast internet connection then i can login into spotify without any problems at all.

EDIT: Other than that, that also prevents the music to be played if the internet connection is slowed down to 64kbit/s and the choosen song isnt downloaded beforehands. Also the message "No Internet" appears in spotify with the slowed down internet connection.

Suggested posts