Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canvas feature not loading/stopped working.

Solved!

Canvas feature not loading/stopped working.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1. Hello, as of last friday night my phone stopped loading the canvas videos in the applied songs. I tried reinstalling the app, deleting cache, deleting online cache and many other methods but nothing worked. I also contacted support via Twitter and after discussing and testing for three days straight they told me that they had no solution for this problem. Instead of loading the video, the songs with Canvas have the album cover with a dark filter on top of it, implying that it wi eventually load or something (it never happens). I managed to find a temporary solution to this, if you click the share option in a song and wait for it to load, the interface shows its canvas video and how it should look like, then close the song window and open it again to show it. Unfortunately I need to do this in each and every single song with the canvas feature. Does anyone have a possible solution that isn't mentioned? Or is my only option to wait for it to eventually fix itself? Please help, not even the Spotify Cares guy could do something.

44 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try logging in with a different account and checking if you can see Canvas there? You can ask a friend/ family member to log in with theirs on your device to test this.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This doesn’t work for me. The phone is completely updated, and so is the app. I do not have a Kansas toggle feature, and no loops show up no matter what I do. 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

It's important to know if a different account on your device has the Canvas feature. Could you confirm what's the case with a different account on your device? You can create a new one for testing purposes.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi, my canvas won’t work and I can’t even find the option to turn it on, I have the latest update and an iPhone 11 so I don’t know what’s wrong

Finally have an update:  I made a dummy (non premium) account on a new email I had to createand the video loops DO show up and and DO have Canvas as a toggle option under playback.  When I log out and go back in with the Gmail associated with my premium account, it is not there. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app on your devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing this. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No. It doesn’t work I have done the log out / clean install multiple times. 

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If the previous process didn't work, it's possible that the issue might be account-related. Since we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Support, so they can check your account and help you further.

In case the issue couldn't be resolved, they can also help you merge the accounts by transferring all the content to the "Dummy" account you created, keeping the email you want and with the Canvas option available.

In case you have a Premium subscription, keep in mind that it cannot be transferred to a different account.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

According to the Spotify cares twitter account they cannot transfer my music at this time. And this solution was not offered to me at any point in the month I have been working on this. 

i have version 8.7.90.544 and it still doesn't work

Mines not working. I have data saver off and it hasn’t worked in about a year now 

the same problem is happening to me

I have a Samsung A12 and my canvas is on but is not showing up on my songs at all. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in the carribean or not sure. I've tried doing everything mentioned but no canvas.

I have an iPhone 14 pro max and a premium plan. I have tried resetting my phone, updating the app, clearing cache, deleting and redownloading the app and canvas still does not appear as an option. I am in the US and everyone else on my family plan has the feature but me. What should I do?

I think I tried everything in power to fix the issues with canvas settings in my profile. I turned on/off, loged out/in, deleted and reinstalled but still no positive feedback, canvas still bot working on my iphone 13. Pls note that im using the latest app version 8.8.20 . Pls advise how we can sort this out

Hi! I have the same problem as you. Everyone in my family plan has the canvas, apart from me. And I tried literally everything. I genuinely don’t know what else to do…

This worked thank you!!!!

Tablet Android 13, located in Europe (Czechia), latest Spotify version 8.8.74.662 and canvas behaviour is same like at first post issue. Although I have followed all possible advices (disabled data saver, switching canvas button ON/OFF, deleted data cache, reinstalled, different account free/premium...), the canvas function, although it is turned ON, does not display the video. Only when I click to share the song does the video canvas appear (and only until I close the share window). Any recommendations on what else to try? I bought a new tablet (Doogee T10s) mainly for Spotify and I really miss this feature... (works flawlessly on my Samsung S20)

SOLVED !

I am a Pixel 7 Pro user (Android) , I have been breaking my head to solve this, 

Make sure to switch off Data Saver mode in BOTH in Spotify App AND your Android Phone Settings (under Network & Internet) 

I am running the latest version but when I try to turn on the feature I doesn't let me press it and shows up grey as if I can't turn it on. Before u ask a already have data saver off

Suggested posts