Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Stereo won't show track info

Car Stereo won't show track info

I have a Kenwood car stereo which connects to my phone via Bluetooth. I usually stream all my music via Spotify and on my previous phone, the LG G4, the car stereo showed the track info just fine. However, my new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S7 refuses to show the track info on the car stereo. Other music players work fine. Anyone having a fix for that? Thank you! 

6 Replies

Very similar to what issue you are having, I had a Samsung Galaxy SIII that displayed all Spoitify songs in my 2015 Honda Fit via Bluetooth. Last week I decided to get the new Samsung Galaxy S8+ and now nothing will display on my screen in my car.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Galaxy 7/8 having the latest Bluetooth conectivity or something along those lines.  

Yeah it's a bummer. There are almost no phones that will properly show the info. So far, only LG phones accomplished that

Same issue with my new xperia xz1 and it has bt 5.0.

Previous xperia xz had 4.2 and it worked just fine.

Hi

Well... 1989 Honda civic. 

Car stereo is Kenwood KDC-BT35U

So my s8+ use to show the track and now the app hangs and the song label doesn't change but still plays the music. The tracks don't update even on the phone.

any fix on this issue? im using a huawei p9

Suggested posts