MIUI Global 12.5.1 Sable

12.5.1.0 (RJOMIXM)

Android Version

11 RP1A.200720.011

Security Update 2021-07-01

Spotify Version

My Issue

Car mode doesn't work offline.

When online, the lower part of the car mode player screen (the "Choose Music" menu) allows you to switch to other playlists/mixes. This works fine when online (though i would like to find my playlists here instead of music suggestions).

However, when using car mode in offline mode (almost mandatory in many roads with low signal) the "Choose music" menu displays the following error: "No internet 😞 We're trying to reconnect". I attached some screenshots.

I think the proper functionality for this menu would be to display the user's playlists that are available offline.

   

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

3 Replies

Hey @a8a92,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had the app installed  in more than one cellphone for a few years now and I've always had the same issue.

I recently clean-reinstalled the app following those steps and also configured permissions and battery configuration, which solved other issues but not this one. I'm convinced it's an app issue. The error message "no internet" suggests car mode is searching for an internet connection which makes no sense in offline mode.

I just assumed dev team would eventually fix it, but it has been a couple of years now and the error persists.

¿Could you confirm if this happens in your app when both car mode and offline mode are turned on?

If so, ¿Is this the right place to report such an issue?

Thanks again.

Hey there @a8a92,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for any confusion. We've replied in the other thread about this topic where you commented. Find it here.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need anything else 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts