Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy note 10+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

This has been an issue for very long that I've just now decided I've had enough and need to check if there's a fix. Whenever I cast music (usually to a google home device), I always have issues. Mainly the fact that it behaves weirdly when jumping from song to song. When I press the "next song" button, instead of going to the next song, it jumps like 5-6 songs ahead. The only way I can make it stop is to both stop casting and restart the app completely. Then it'll work somewhat okay, but never ideal. Jumping to the next song is never smooth when casting. When it's less problematic it just jumps back once then ahead, instead of skipping many songs. Still definitely annoying. Having to wait for it to stop jumping back and forth before the next song starts gets quite tedious. I also experience it just completely stopping playback for seemingly no reason. Not sure what fault is on Spotify vs Google Home.

2 Replies

Hey there @ChrisElune,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with casting your music to your Google Home devices.

You can try the following troubleshooting:

• unlink and relink Spotify with your Google Home app. You can find instructions on how to do this here or in @Guido's post
  • try using a different networks, such as a mobile hotspot. If it works there reach out to your ISP about possible restrictions of your internet network
  • perform a clean reinstall of both your Spotify and Google Home app, as the file integrity could be compromised and causing such issues. This Spotify Answer can help with that
  • perform a factory reset on all devices and ensure that they are running the latest firmware and fully up to date

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had this issue once and for me doing a factory reset of my Google Home (Max) resolved the issue. 

Suggested posts