Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Spotify as default player for mp3 and wav files.

Change Spotify as default player for mp3 and wav files.

When I download audio files (e.g. voice mail, podcast episodes) to my phone, Spotify is used as the default app to listen to them. Spotify won't play them, saying "Spotify can't play this right now. This track isn't available on your device" even though I clicked on the file to play it.

I want to be able to use a different app to play audio files.
1 Reply

@ wrote:
When I download audio files (e.g. voice mail, podcast episodes) to my phone, Spotify is used as the default app to listen to them. Spotify won't play them, saying "Spotify can't play this right now. This track isn't available on your device" even though I clicked on the file to play it. AarpMembership

I want to be able to use a different app to play audio files.

Hi,

I read your problem and I have a suggestion for you. You can change the default audio player from Spotify to another app, you can:

1. Change Settings: Go to your phone’s settings, find ‘Apps’, and then ‘Default Apps’ to set your preferred music player.
  2. File Association: Long-press the audio file, select ‘Open with’, choose another app, then ‘Always’ to set it as default.

This should help you use your chosen app for playing audio files. 

I hope my suggestion will help you to solve this problem. If you have any query related to this then ask me.

Best regard,
Wayne Ford.

Suggested posts