Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing volume on Android from Windows

Changing volume on Android from Windows

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Windows Laptop, Moto G6

Operating System

Windows 10, Android 9

My Question or Issue

Why can't we control the volume on an Android device from the desktop app? I know for a fact that this used to work, or is supposed to work - this post has a response stating that this is a feature. However, when you try to actually use this feature, it doesn't work - the volume bar is completely greyed out (screenshot).

arkainth_0-1588088693449.png

We can't even use this feature - the only other recent thread about this just has a response telling us to vote on an idea, but this isn't an idea, it's been advertised as a feature? The volume control is useless on desktop if you can't use it to change volume on other devices. Can this feature please be made to work? After every other thread where this has been brought up, there's a reply saying "this is a feature" but when it's shown that it doesn't actually work there's just radio silence.

Thanks for considering 🙂

1 Reply

Hey, @arkainth 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

The feature of changing the volume on phone remotely from desktop was possible at some point but Spotify currently doesn't have this feature anymore. So, in your case, I recommend that you support this live idea that requests this feature back. Leave your VOTE+ on the idea to help that it reaches Spotify's ears.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts