Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ChromeCast not Appearing in App

ChromeCast not Appearing in App

Hey, so my Chromecast (first gen) just updated as did my Spotify app on my Moto G (third gen) running Lollipop. From what I can see I should have the ability now to cast what's playing in Spotify but nothing is appearing in the device list within the app. Anyone else having this issue? Everything else is casting fine, I can even cast my screen and open Spotify and cast the sound that way (but that isn't really ideal).

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi. Are you sure your chromecast is updated? Mine works fine. Maybe you can reset the device and update it again. 

I have the exact same problem and i have the next gen Chromecast (2015), which should work with Spotify out-of-the-box. Incidentally I also have a new Moto G (3rd gen) with Android 5.1.1 installed. Maybe there is something with the phone? No ChromeCast button appears in the UI and neither in the Connected Devices section.

So I decided to see if it would work with my iPad and it does. No issues whatsoever. So it must be something to do with my phone or the Android Spotify app.

Suggested posts