Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio - Skipping tracks breaks the connection.

Chromecast Audio - Skipping tracks breaks the connection.

I can't seem to skip tracks on spotiy when the audio device is a Chromecast Audio without the songs stopping, or hanging. Where as if I leave the song playing it always goes to the next song no worries. Both apps have been updated to latest versions.

I have 2 Chromecast audio devices and this problem happens on both, whether playing at the same time in a group or independently. It also doesn't matter which Android device I use to control the music playback with, either.

Assistance would be appreciated. I have read of this problem cropping up before and the solution was to effectively set up a new account and have playlists moved by Spotify to the new account.

Kind regards,

Craig

5 Replies

I have had endless problems with Spotify casting to Chromecast audios, but have finally found the problem in my case, hope it helps you with yours.

It seems that Spotify Connect on chromecast does not work well with a network frame size of less than 1500.  In my case my router was set to use an MTU of 1492.  Once I set that to 1500 then Spotify Connect track skipping on the chromecast has been 100% reliable.  It also doesnt do that annoying track stop when the next track queues.

Might be worth checking on your router to see what MTU you are using?

My MTU is set to 1492 which is the highest my router will accept, so this will not resolve the issue.

I had hoped Spotify would offer the account refresh fix offered to other people, but that hasn't happened yet. 😞

Spotify, 

I now have a corporate wifi solution in my home and I still am suffering this same issue and you still have not responded to me.

Please can you advise or carry out the fix on my account because you have done it for other people who posted on this same support site.

I have the same problem ...

Just noticed this issue today - it started happening right after I updated to Oreo (on samsung note 8 Verizon flavor). Not sure if it's just a coincidence or something in the new OS broke casting from Spotify, but I didn't have the issue yesterday (pre-update).

Suggested posts