Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast audio - playlist always returns to beginning

Chromecast audio - playlist always returns to beginning

Hi!

Concerning chromecast audio....

When I select to play some song in the middle of my selfmade spotify playlist, with the next song the player will always return to the beginning of the playlist, always starting from the beginning of the list forwards.

Is there a easy solution to play playlist from the middle onwards?

44 Replies

Hey @TroublesomeBob!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'll be happy to help you.  

Can you let us know what Spotify version you're using? Also, is this happening with other playlists too? 

In the meantime,  please check: 

• You have the latest firmware installed on your Chromecast device.
  • Your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
  • You have the latest version of Spotify installed.

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia

Hello!

Scraping information from various places, also from some old spotify-community-threads as far as year 2013, seems that some devices do this "return to first" when the list is larger then 100 songs.

I tried copypasting my "main playlist", over 500 songs to smaller playlist consisting only 100 song maximum.

And voila! .... chromecast plays them without error.

---

---

Of course it would be nice if spotify would correct this bug, as clearly it's not a new one 😉

Same here.. even happens when I control spotify playback from my phone to laptop with speakers.. such a stupid bug.. basically it ruins the complete experience.. bravo that some developer wrote the extra 5 lines of code to solve this bug that apparently arose first in 2013.. can you please let me know if this now has been added to the wishlist?

@sophia, can you please reply?

Hi,

I have the same issue here.

Is there any fix ?

Thanks,

@Sophia: Any update about this issue ? 🙂

It's as @TroublesomeBob mentioned- spotify connect does not support large playlists. This has been reported as a bug here and also affects shuffling as reprted here

the bug report is from over a year ago.. wow.. unbelievable.. 

An update of the actual status of resolving this bug would be nice.

Thanks Joe for your feedback 🙂

It seems the issue discussed in this thread is different and is linked to Chromecast Audio.

When you play a song at the end of huge playlist (+800 songs) the next song that should be played does not follow, instead it always goes back to the first song of the paylist. It's very annoying. It's not possible to play the lastest songs of a playlist in a row as each time you try to listen one the next song is the first one of the playlist.

The issue is new. I have had huge playlists for a long time and it always worked. The issue appeared 2 months ago. It's a Chromecast issue. It does not occur with other devices like bluetooth ones.

Hi @arese8c. I'm still getting the hang of chromecast but I just checked and once you cast a playlist, chromecast streams direct from spotify's servers (you can check by turning off your mobile after casting). This makes casting equivalent to the way connect works so I would expect the same limitations to apply' As I only bought my chromecast a few weeks ago, I can't comment on whether this only started recently.

Other issues common to chromecast and connect are daily mix and radio not adding tracks after the initial selection.

Hi everyone !

Is there a way to push this information to the tech team at Spotify? 🙂

Thanks,

Hi 🙂

Any update about this issue with Chromecast Audio?

Anybody there?

The issue is still existing, help!

What do we have to do to get some one from Spotify to react? Unbelievable

Some one?

Any news from Spotify team about this issue?

Hi,

Spotify support told me that they have no solution for this problem... 😞

Does anybody find a solution to this queuing issue with Chromecast Audio?

Anybody there? ;-(

I still have the same issue.. Did they mention that they were gonna flag the issue internally?

Suggested posts